X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomtop fish finder?

Saw this on ebay today.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100m-Portabl...item4aa3c990cc

Looks ok though it doesn't give a readout of the bottom contour just a thing showing what type of bottom it is. Looks a bit cheap but might be ok for Kayak use especially with the easy to mount transducer and that it runs on AAA batteries.

Anyone ever used one of these? The are about 40 bucks but right now I am leaning towards saving up for a nicer portable fish finder unless this will do the job.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Never used one and don't know anything about it but anything that helps verify depth would be an upgrade if you do not have a fish finder installed already. Having said that, I think even the low end units from eagle / hummingbird / lowrance would blow that out of the water. Price doesn't always mean everything but it can be a good indication of what you are getting.

Chimo

Comment

you usually have to pay import duties on these things. It ships from china
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I am seeing that this is the same one sold by a bunch of companies just with a different name or color. It is sold by Walmart Amazon etc for about 50-60. After some reading on it I can see a few disadvantages. It doesn't map the bottom contour, it also only shows that there is a fish there no size, and it also doesn't show water temp etc. I seeing units for 20-30 more that will do all that so that it is worth it to spend a little bit more and get something decent.
        Last edited by mi327; 03-21-2012, 10:56 PM.
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

buy the best you can afford or you won't be satisified and will spend more later to get what you want .......

Comment

Working...
          X