No announcement yet.

Where do you folks get your bungy cord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you folks get your bungy cord?

I am debating putting bungy cords on my anchor trolley. I don't have any in the house that are small enough for this application and I don't recall seeing any real thin stuff at home depot.

TIA,
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

from west marine by the foot. they also have the little hog rings for binding it. i use regular pliers to squeeze them. some shoot out etc, but look at all the money i saved on special crimpers,...

my hobie trolly includes about a foot or so of bungee as part of the anchor trolley line.
    Last edited by Southerly; 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks Southerly, I'll stop over tomorrow and get some.
      John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I got my bungees from REi in Columbia.
        Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
          from west marine by the foot. they also have the little hog rings for binding it. i use regular pliers to squeeze them. some shoot out etc, but look at all the money i saved on special crimpers,...

my hobie trolly includes about a foot or so of bungee as part of the anchor trolley line.
          WEst Marine for me too, I have gotten a good amount of bungee from there for my Hobie Cat 16, I snapped my shockcord for the trapeze a few times after pitch-poling, whoops..

Comment

"I snapped my shockcord for the trapeze a few times after pitch-poling"

Wow, you pitch-poled a hobie! That's kind of like doing aerobatics too low to the ground.

While I almost did that coming through the Avalon, NJ surf in my young, dumb days, I'm glad I never succeeded.

Glad you are still in one piece.
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

ACK- I ordered it by the foot, as well as some deck hardware back a year ago when I was rigging out a kayak-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

i used to have an h16. it was in movie 'violets are blue' filmed in Fager's Cup race OC. while i owned it, i buried the lee hull a couple times but never pitchpoled it. really funky when the hull's underwater - looks like a torpedo!!!

2 years ago i managed the real deal - pitchpoled a nacra 20 (#$!&!) under spinnaker out of west river. wouldn't want to do again, but not as bad as i thought it would be.

Comment

My boat wound up with its mast about six feet into the West river once.

The rest of the story is, when one of the kids jibed, he lost it and the boat went over. Out went me and the gang. I was worried about the kids and wasn't paying attention when they all swam over and decided to stand on the mast which put the boat upside down and the mast in the mud.

A friendly yacht came by and threw 2 lines out and told the kids to grab hold while I worked on getting the boat righted. They had a great time getting dragged around in the water while me and another friendly boater put a line on my mast ( using feel only) and righted the boat.

I swore the kids to secrecy and I don't think their mother ever found out. Or if she did, she never said anything to me.

BTW, I went to West Marine and picked up some bungee and hog clips or what ever they are called. This afternoon I plan on getting my anchor trolley and transducer fitted.

Regards,
                  John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Working...
                  X