Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yak Attack's: GunnAll Skin TEsting Done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yak Attack's: GunnAll Skin TEsting Done!!

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...nall-skin.html

Thanks, Matt. I couldn't quite tell from the pictures, but did it tear much? I didn't see any yellow in the strips, so I'm guessing there were no cuts through to the hull?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      Thanks, Matt. I couldn't quite tell from the pictures, but did it tear much? I didn't see any yellow in the strips, so I'm guessing there were no cuts through to the hull?
      two small dime sized slices but no damage to the hull. No chunks were taken out of the strips.

Still need to see how it last over a longer period of time. for a weekend it wasn't bad. and I'm not easy on my kayak at all

Comment

Cool. Do you think you can heat up a butter knife and repair the slices by melting the plastic/rubber a bit?
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I will also vouch for the toughness of the Skinz. No cuts were seen in mine, and I smashed the bow and stern A LOT. I often held my hand on the structure and "rode" the stern on the ships, with no damage to the strips. I received a few scratches to my boat only because it takes a lot of the product to cover 32' of waterline . I will purchase more soon.
          -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
          -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
            Cool. Do you think you can heat up a butter knife and repair the slices by melting the plastic/rubber a bit?
            It fits back to together perfectly so I don't think it is necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X