Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, who has a gel seat and which one?

And of course, do you like it.

I am starting to get sciatica pain in my left leg and I feel a better seat will help.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Skwoosh makes gel seats...

I have a different company, but it;s not coming to me right now, I'll edit when I remember

Comment

I got the Skwoosh angler seat cushion and use it in addition to the stock Outback seat. Cost me $50, and it does not improve it that much. I still get yak ass pain. I can use foam pads for a lot cheaper.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

http://www.skwoosh.com/product/kayak...ng/BC1204.html

Was on the water for 4 hrs yesterday. Didnt have to reposition for discomfort...not once
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          I got the Skwoosh angler seat cushion and use it in addition to the stock Outback seat. Cost me $50, and it does not improve it that much. I still get yak ass pain. I can use foam pads for a lot cheaper.
          I have the same setup and I think it's better than just using the hobie seat by itself, but not perfect.

Tufnik, you probably need to buy a cloud to sit on for the marathon trips that you put in to be comfortable...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I have the first skwoosh seat and put a review on here. The butt pad is great but the back support could be better. I glued a foam pad to my kayak and put the stock seat on, works about the same. The newer skwoosh seats look a lot more capable. Medicyaker won one at the Susky Jamboree this weekend that looked great!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I'm leaning towards getting just seat pad as the OC Comfort Tech back is working well and I don't need the extra storage.

I have done web searches and the Skwoosh seems to have a better following than the other gel seat, the Yakpad.
              John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
                I'm leaning towards getting just seat pad as the OC Comfort Tech back is working well and I don't need the extra storage.

I have done web searches and the Skwoosh seems to have a better following than the other gel seat, the Yakpad.
                Thats what I have.... haha yakpads

I like my yakpad!!

Comment

Seat pad

I was in the same boat, couldn't sit or more than 3 hours in my hobie seat without starting to feel it. Looked at all the pads and then after reading a No.cal kayak message board were they recommended a garden kneeling pad I went to lowes. I think it was $10 or $15 for a kneeling pad. I throw it on top of the hobie seat and it works great. The back rest is maybe a little lower now than I like but having extra seat height keep me dryer in rough water. It's a cheap fix. Have fished 5 hours without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                    I have the same setup and I think it's better than just using the hobie seat by itself, but not perfect.

Tufnik, you probably need to buy a cloud to sit on for the marathon trips that you put in to be comfortable...
                    lol.....I guess you're right....maybe I shouldn't knock the pad since I do marathons.

Twistedfish,
                    LOL..... that's what I did....bought my kneeling pad for less than $3 from Walmart...worked pretty well, but I still get pain.
                    Last edited by tufnik; 04-16-2012, 05:19 PM.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

If one gel pad isn't enough try stacking a couple on top of each other, maybe glue them together.
                      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Ahh, I don't think my butt is that big!

John
                        John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I used to use a foam pad on top of my OK Drifter seat. It helped to extend the sitting period before butt fatigue caused too much discomfort. A few years ago, I bought a Skwoosh pad to use instead. It is definitely more comfortable for me than the foam pad.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Just ordered a Skwoosh pad I found on ebay for $45 and free shipping. It is the black one not the yellow Angler model.

Next time out I hope the only thing dragging is the anchor.

Regards,
                            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I picked up the skwoosh gel pad from AK and put it under the outback seat and its very comfortable. Cant really compare it to just stock seat though as I bought it before my 1st launch. $29 at AK.

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...d-Cushion.html
                              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                              X