Good handheld GPS mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good handheld GPS mount

I am looking for a decent Handheld GPS mount. I managed to snap the one I had today when I was cleaning the bottom of the yak after a trip. I have seen the Ram mounts but they are pricey, is it worth it to buy those?
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

What kind of GPS do you have? If you have one of the Garmin Etrex units, they will fit in a rod holder. I used one this weekend on my mod pod as I didn't have my FF/CP installed yet.

Ram mounts are pretty sturdy units. I have mounted large chart plotters on them and they stay where you put them.

Regards,
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Cell phone holders for autos should work, depending on the size and model specs of your handheld- I have Scotty mounts, Ram mounts and the Might Mount systems from YakAttack- all of these mounting systems work well- pick one and go with it-

I have to say that the Eagle 350 Cuda Combo GPS/FF I have is very satisfactory unit that works as advertised- I was concerned when I first purchased it that it was so cheap and thought that it might not be a quality product, but eight months later I have to say I am happy with the unit-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I've used the same RAM mount for Garmin GPS76 for seven years shuttling it between separate bases in the bay boat, duck boat and kayak. It's a little sun faded but otherwise as good as new.

This should strike you as remarkable as my Grandfather was quite fond of telling me I could break an anvil with a corn cob.

Comment

Thanks, its for a Garmin Etrex 20. I am looking at one of the Ram mounts or others listed. Its too handy to have when fishing, I like being able to mark spots or zoom out on the topo map to get my location or a certain area on the water.
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
          X