No announcement yet.

Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy with most of what I've done with the yak so far... That being said, I just procured a VIO POV video camera from MM and all I have for a mount so is the hat clip mount that came with the camera. I want to do either an over the shoulder mount or a bow mount for the "Hero Shot". I think I'm gonna go with a Yak Attack Panfish mount for the Video Camera. I also got for Christmas a waterproof still camera and not sure what I want to do with that... Suggestions??? I also want to rework my crate in the fashion of what Kayak Kevin did in his video, cut it down on the front and sides to make it more accesible to me. I can't move around in my seat as well as I'd like. Not sure if its fear of a turtle situation or just my lack of being able to move my old and sore body around as well as l'd like too. I am however VERY satisfied with my new Fishfinder/GPS unit. This year I purchased and installed the new 385ci. Thanks to Nay_Sayer and Surfdog for all of the help you have both given me over the past couple of years by giving me the ideas and labor help to get it where it is now.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
      Edwonbass,
      I have the Ascend FS10 as my extra or skinny water kayak and I think its a great kayak for what I use it for. I use the same crate on the FS 10 as on my outback. Once you get used to the fact that the kayak is pretty stable, you will get more used to reaching behind you. That being said, I usually bring a smaller plano tackle box to hold everything I will use and it wedges pretty nicely next to the seat inside the kayak.
      I'm slowly coming along with my trust in it's stability. I also have a couple of small Plano boxes that I keep up front and leave my bigger box in the van. I used to stand up and fish in my canoe and though I don't think I will stand in the FS10 I am getting better with it. Maybe this summer when everything warms up I will take some chances and test it's limits.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Yesterday, Bill and I were fishing the Piney Point area of the lower Potomac searching for a cow...we were side by side trolling the 30 foot curve for a while talking...I remarked to Bill that I was totally satisfied with everything about my boat- the electronics, rod holders...everything- nothing to do but enjoy fishing out of it...

How about it? Did your rigging your yak satisfy everything you want in your yak?
        ........ Yer not done till ya got a PA !!!!!!! .........

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post

3rd thing is to install a fish attracter. Something that will make all the fish come to my yak.
          Hydrowave!!! www.hydrowave.com

Comment

BPS sells em...a nylon mesh chum bag-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I don't think I will ever be done I'm always looking at ways to improve each yak. Besides, there is a certain amount of "turnover" in my fleet so theres always something to tinker with. I think my FS10 will be going to my mom soon so I will need to decide what I want to take its place and the best way to rig it. I'll need another small water boat so maybe a 9ft Stealth, 11ft Ride or Jackson Coosa. So many yaks and rigging options and so little time

Chimo

Comment

PA ....... Workin on it now ........ almost there .......... Torqeedo Ultralite w/spare battery, Hummingbird 978 ci si combo, H bar, a bunch of gear tracs, Panfish, panfish portrait, stabilizers, full back plating, hawg trough, hawg trough holder, Hobie livewell, elevated/adjustable seat, several Vio Pov cameras both hd and dvd quality, Visipole Carbon, Island Hopper side engine mount, MinnKota 30, Motorguide 45, Torqeedo 801 (loaner), geartrack removable mounted scotty rod mounts, removable pole mounted rigging lights, working on underwater lights design, etc etc

Have everything but the 978 DF which will be in this week and underwater lights ............. project for the weekend is to get it finished.

Comment

Ron, there is infact a couple different types of Chum Bags at BPro. The one I like is weighted and packed with freeze dried "Stuff" and comes with a nice length of line to hang below your yak. Its relatively affordable and IT WORKS!!!!. They are in the Fishing Dept. Just ask a salesperson and they will show you where to find them. I use the one described above in OC last year on the rt 50 bridge and nailed the Blue's.
                  Tom Brown
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

After just obtaining a new Ocean Kayak tonight, I have some things I want to do but its got most of what I want. I need to install my 385ci Hummingbird, a flush mount on the stern for my Yak Attack flag and light. Maybe a strip or two of the Yak Attack slide mounts. I also need to mount my new Mighty Mount panfish mount for my VIO POV Video Camera. There is one mount on the stern but I need to put one on the bow for the hero shot. That may be about it. I will need to put some stickers on it to match my Ascend 12ft SOT. I"m curious to see how others on the forum have there OK Rigged. I know there are a few of you on here with OK"s. Not EVERYONE here is a Hobie nut. Pictures would be nice.
                    Tom Brown
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Glad I'm not alone

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      I sit side saddle to get things out of my back storage area- Even though the Outback is stable enough, I am not physically comfortable bending around like that- and sidesaddle lets you shift around and keeps your butt in good shape-
                      I have also fished out of several types of boats and owned a few. I just started kayak fishing and really enjoy it. I'm glad I'm not alone in rigging and rerigging things to figure out what I want.

I also am new to the forum and am digging through the posts to learn what I can. I hope to meet some of you one day. Maybe fish together. Thanks
                      2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

yak dolly- check ( modified golf caddy)
                        easier loader for the SUV- still in progress
                        rod placement- check
                        stern flag / light holder check
                        camera mount- under consderation- what do ya'll think of a goosenck? i'd like something I could swing /pull in front of me
                        anchor trolley- Done- w/ retractable dog leash to control the clutter

Comment

Working...
                        X