Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malibu Stealth

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Malibu Stealth. I love the storage and live well/cooler. It is a wide boat to which is nice for stability and everyone says you can easily stand on it. I wanted to know if anyone has paddled the boat though. I am looking at the 14 ft to go out in the ocean and bays over here on the Eastern Shore. Some people say it paddles great others say it is a barge. I guess it could be compared to an OK Big Game, similar width. Let me know what you guys think. I have a 12ft Peception Sport Pescador (it is an '08 Tarpon basically). I think the Stealth would be much more suited for the fishing I want to do.

Thanks for any help. I hope I put this thread in the right place.

Grady-Black has one and loves it. I'm sure he'll chime in with his experienced opinion
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Thanks, Ya i figured there had to be one or two guys with one.

Comment

Im going to go out on mine somewhere this saturday after my lacrosse game. You are welcome to check it out but distance may be an issue.
        Malibu Stealth 14
        Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Ya I am going fishing this weekend so I wont be able to see it. I am going to a shop tomorrow that has one, maybe I can just test paddle it there.

Comment

I have the 12ft one and so far like it a lot. I took it out for the maiden voyage on Friday and it seemed to be very stable. I dont know how fast it really is, as I was by myself, but it was really comfortable and the middle compartment (bait well) works really well for tackle storage. How tall are you?? a 14ft might be a little slower since its around 30" wide. a 12 might be a better option.
            Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
            Keith
            2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Ya I love the storage, the kayak I have is 12ft right now, so I know the 14 will not be as nimble, but I go out in the bay and ocean so I think an extra two feet would be nice. I am 5"10 170, so I don't need it because I am a big guy. The extra length might keep me a little dryer in the chop of the bay and swell of the ocean. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

I forgot to mention I do plan on using it for sight casting which is why I like how wide it is and the standing platform.

Comment

Where are you located?? I am looking for someone to venture out on the Bay with a little. I want to fish the bridge, but would be open to other areas.
                Keith
                2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I am in Salisbury, so I said that wrong I fish in the bays around Ocean City. Out in the bay a litle bit on the Eastern Shore side. Go down to Kipto and CBBT too. I like to flounder fish so the livewell will be nice for minnows and live linning in the fall.

Comment

I've paddled the new one shortly... and it's nice!! I currently have a Big Game. It's just as stable if not more... but definitely FASTER! LOL

Grady-Black has the Pro explorer which is also a great stable yak, but in a shorter package 12' 6", and a lot lighter when you have to hoist it on the car/truck 55lbs vs 64lbs. Just something to think about... maybe the shop your going to has both.

Comment

thanks man! I heard the big game was slow, but looks like a nice "dry" stable kayak. I am going down tomorrow to talk to the owner of the shop so, if all goes to plan I might be coming home with a Malibu tomorrow. I will let you all know.

Comment

No problem man... Yeah the Big Game is slow... but it does keep me dry and is as stable as you can get on the water! The Malibu will do the same but get you there a little quicker. When I get another yak, more than likely it will be a Malibu. The options they have are really nice. And they are very durable from what I have read.

Comment

Sounds good Jkrahl. When I come down to OC I will hit you up and see if you want to go out fishing. I have a condo on 32 street bayside.
                          Keith
                          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Ya you should man! We got a good group of 4 - 5 guys that love to fish over here. Anytime you guys are thinking of coming to the Eastern Shore hit us up and we can try and meet up.

Comment

Got a good deal worked out and a brand new Malibu Stealth 14 strapped to my car. I got it in the stone color and helped unpack it off the delivery truck. They are really cool yaks, but biiiggg. I can't wait, going down to eastern shore of Virginia this weekend so gonna try some sight casting and put it to the test. Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X