Parts for ocean kayak trident 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for ocean kayak trident 13

I have a ocean kayak trident 13’. Generally it’s in good shape but I need to replace some parts. The most important being the cover to the hatch in the bow. I’ve googled, looked on Amazon and can’t find it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks very much.
    You gotta hook em to cook em
    Moken Lite 10'
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13'

I have several ideas for you.

First, search through different sites looking for a used kayak of the same model (or similar model if the parts are interchangeable). If the price is right, you can take parts off the second one to fix up the first one.

Second, look for an Ocean Kayak users website or Facebook page. Most kayak brands have this type of page. Then express you interest in finding those parts.

Third, contact long-time Ocean Kayak dealers around the country by phone or email. Sometimes dealers have old parts in their inventory. I did that two years ago with a Native dealer in NJ to get a bow cover for an older Native model.

Fourth, after measuring the parts you need (like the hatch cover), see if some other brand of kayak has a part that will fit.

Good luck.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Have you checked their website? I know they sell parts for Ocean models, not sure about the Trident. If they don't have it, I think Johnson Outdoors is the parent company for Ocean, Malibu and maybe Old Town kayaks... so maybe some of the parts are interchangeable and maybe you can get it from one of the others.
      Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
      Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

Comment

try calling Appomattox kayaks in VA. They ship all over and have been an ocean dealer for a long time. Tom used to be the manager there, they should be able to hook you up!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X