Beyond Braid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Braid

If you’re like me and browse fishing stuff you’ll get lots of ads in your Facebook feed. Lately I’ve been inundated with ads for Beyond Braid. The price looks tempting and it comes in lots of colors. Website says USA company and ships from our warehouse in Miami. What it doesn’t say is made in the USA. Further research online shows it’s made in China, which is a common problem when a company says ships from our USA warehouse. Online reviews have been far from flattering, both for performance of the braid and the company’s support of the product. I for one will steer clear of this product.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I question their accuracy when they sell braided line but call it "Beyond Braid". Likewise, they sell Fluorocarbon leader and call it "Beyond Fluorocarbon"

Further, I scratch my head over this quote from their website: "We only use USPS, the most reliable shipping company in the USA!" There may be reasons for using the postal service, but being the most reliable is probably not the right answer.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have been tempted with the price but I heard it was prone to mystery breakoffs which is annoying. For cheap braid I am actually a fan of kastking. You can get it on ebay for $2.50 a spool sometimes on ebay and I have found the 8/10/15/20/30 to be reliable. Anything after 30 (and even 30 is borderline) gets a little too "rope-like" for me. I'm sure it would be fine for bottom fishing or something, but it's rough. I tend to use the 8, 10, and 15 the most and other than dropping the dye it's been great.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X