Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling Motor Battery

All,

Well, after having had a kayak for over 10 years, and hanging out in the barn all this time, I have finally found time to finish rigging it and get a new battery.

It’s a Tarpon 140, which I had purchased from a board member in 2011, maybe? It had a Bassyaks conversion on it.

My thought is to start out with a 12v 60ah battery, and if needed, I can add a second one. Reason being is, I think the 60 ah battery will fit better in the area under the forward hatch.

Anyone have any input on brands, cost vs quality, that sort of thing? I did a search but didn’t see a whole lot, at least recently. These lithium batteries look like a nice alternative to the heavier alternative.

Thanks!

Lithium is the only way to go for kayaks... Lighter weight, Doesn't drop voltage until almost depleted and thousands of recharges... Brands, pretty much wide open right now just be wary of the super cheap ones as a big part of the pricing is in the bms board and interior construction but that doesn't mean you can't go with lower pricing.

Comment

Check out Dakota lithium batteries. I’ve been happy with mine in the boat trolling motor
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X