Flotation/ Support blocks Pro Angler 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flotation/ Support blocks Pro Angler 14

I was late in unwrapping my 2021 PA 14 this year. Stored under cover on a stand with cradles and the Hobie cover,,, was not enough. Mice got into the cover then found a hatch that was not latched. They made their way through the white foam blocks. and nested in the rectangular hatch. I removed the nest then tried to catch the mice. But they were behind the floatation blocks , so I had to remove them and in the moment forgot their position. I have a rough idea where they came from, but this is a problem now. The blocks are subtly different in shape and I know this is unusual but difficult to resolve! They offer support and floatation. I wrote Hobie, no answer yet. Anyone else have experience with this on a pro Angler? Aslo, i used a diluted Clorox to try to deodorize the inside of hull. i was busy elbow deep trying to clean this up, but I wonder if the diluted clorox would damage the Poly hull material! What a mess for a few mice!

I don't think bleach eill damage the hull. You can also try an alcohol based mouth wash as a deodorizer. Set it in a basin in the hull, seal the hull and let it evaporate for a bit. Nit sure about the blocks.
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

How many blocks did you remove? Im doing some wiring/maintenance on my pa14 this weekend and can snap some pics of the block placement for you.
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Sorry I missed these replies. I was out of action for a month. But , I did get a note off to Hobie and a reply. This is a link which really helped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edZkExk9EDI&list=PLBRH11E66zdWB8j11NVc8x6G yKKU6Yg99&index=20&t=73s

Support Blocks.jpg

Thanks for the replies. No mice smell, just fishy

Comment

Working...
        X