Cobra explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra explorer

So while I was here in keywest I rented a cobra explorer and figured I would post a review of the yak for anyone who might be interested. The yak was 11ft the best I could tell. Tracked well and was very stable. I stood up in it for a time but the cockpit layout made it kinda tough. The hatch layout was pretty good with an 8 inch circular hatch that was good for my phone and big enough to store some standard size Plano boxes and a large front hatch. There were a few draw backs though... Swamp ass for one :/ it also paddled like I had a sea anchor out and there was a lot of hull slap in the chop. All in all a decent yak but not one for long paddles

Originally posted by chimo View Post
    So while I was here in keywest I rented a cobra explorer and figured I would post a review of the yak for anyone who might be interested. The yak was 11ft the best I could tell. Tracked well and was very stable. I stood up in it for a time but the cockpit layout made it kinda tough. The hatch layout was pretty good with an 8 inch circular hatch that was good for my phone and big enough to store some standard size Plano boxes and a large front hatch. There were a few draw backs though... Swamp ass for one :/ it also paddled like I had a sea anchor out and there was a lot of hull slap in the chop. All in all a decent yak but not one for long paddles

Ditto. I have one of these. My first kayak. I use it on the upper and tidal Potomac when I don't have to go far. Good for a float trip. Stable and tracks well. What I like best is that it is lightweight (40lbs) and easy to handle between vehicle and launch. Not a big water boat...

Comment

Working...
    X