Fish finder battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish finder battery

I am trying to find a place to get one of the power packs that holds 8 AA batteries and is used to power a ff. any help?

Radioshack

Comment

Radio Shack has them.

I use a 9v adapter that snaps on the battery pack to connect to the depth finder. I then keep the extra wire and battery pack in an old peanut butter jar.

9v snap adapter can also be found at Radio Shack. Here is my setup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatk8SGZxz8&list=UU8oUjk155ZACrKBH_T0Ho0g& index=6&feature=plpp_video"]Video[/ame]

------------------ ,__
      ------------------ | `'.
      __---------- |`-._/_.:---`-.._
      \='.-------_/..--'`__ ----- `'-._
      -\- '-.--"` ----- === ----- / - o `',
      - )= (-----------------.-- | ----- _.'
      -/_=.'-._------------ {=_-_ | -- .-`-.
      /_.'--- `\`'-._------- '-= - \ -- _.'
      -------- )- _.-'`'-..------ _..-'`
      ------- /_.' ------ `/";';`|
      -------------------- \` .'/
      --------------------- '--'

Comment

Some of the Humminbirds can use anything from 9-20 volts input so a lot of the people use 10 AA holders that Barrell, local kayak store owner stocks. Last a little longer for not much more weight.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Picked up the stuff today.

Comment

Echo you will be happy with the setup. I did the same one with 8 AAs and my FF works for at least 18 hours easily. As a matter of fact more often than not I just change the batteries and they haven't even died. LOL A good source is Costco for AAs. A pack of Kirkland 48 runs about $10.

Comment

8 Pack

I use an 8 pack holder of AA batteries. I got it from Radio Shack. So far the pack has lasted 6 or 7 trips with no sign of weakening.

Comment

why not just get a sealed battery vs AA? don't get why guys prefer the AA.
                sigpic

Comment

I have about 30 6V emergency light batterys left over from work. 6+6=12 there rechargeable I'v used mine for over a year. I put it in a cheap water tight box it works great. If anybody is interested I'll put some pics up and for MKF $5 I'll tape it together and put the jumper on it.
                  Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                  Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                    why not just get a sealed battery vs AA? don't get why guys prefer the AA.
                    For me it was initially cheaper to go with the AA option. The pack and the wire was all of 6 bucks. I already had the batteries, but if I had to buy them it would be an extra 10. I never have to remember to charge them before trips(or buy one), If I run out I can pick up some AAs at a gas station on the way to the launch. Plus a pack of 48 batteries last me almost a whole season. So it definitely has it's benefits.

Now granted I use a Piranha Max 160, so I am sure that more beefier units will quickly kill my AAs. LOL. But I also have a sealed battery that I use for my camera and if I upgrade my unit I might go with a sealed battery.

Comment

Me Too.

My reasons are similar to mytmouse. Already had the supplies and most importantly my sonar unit is a PMax 215 that is black and white display that doesn't draw much power.

Comment

Working...
                      X