Malibu Stealth 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malibu Stealth 9

Anyone on here have any experience with the Malibu Stealth 9 or Mini X? I'm looking for a new small water yak, something in the 10 ft range with enough stability to stand and fish out of and have a chance to pick up the Stealth 9 at a good price. I know the Jackson Coosa or the WS Ride 115 fits the bill but price and availabilty have been making that a tougher sell for me. Any thoughts? Thanks

Chimo

I have the larger stealth and I can stand easily on it. I have not been on the water in the 9ft, it is just as wide so you should be able to stand easily as well. It is a cool boat, the storage on them is fantastic. The larger boat tracks very well and I can fish it easily in strong currents, I am assuming the smaller boat will be similar. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. I figured at 33"s wide it should be plenty stable. Had any issues with the side compartment latches or the bait well sealing water in/ out?

Comment

we sold them for a while. had issues on hull cracks.
        Ryan@ Easton Cycle

Comment

Originally posted by Easton Kayak Shop View Post
          we sold them for a while. had issues on hull cracks.
          Ryan@ Easton Cycle
          Any issues with getting Malibu to replace them?

Comment

they were replaced, but a hassle none the less.

Comment

the only time my kayak took on significant water was during a surf launch and the entire bow went under about 7 times. I had waves coming over my boat so bad the footwells were filled with water and the hatches had standing water on them, It might have leaked a gallon at the most and it did not effect the kayak's performance even with that much water.

Comment

Working...
              X