No announcement yet.

Homemade Livewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds dumb... but did you check the fuse? I had the wrong fuse in Jamaica bay and one of the Captain Kayak guys gave me a new one. Solved my problem...

How are you connecting the wires?
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

pump, positive > fuse holder with a heat butt connector > battery

negative > battery.

i just got a new fuse holder at radio shack and tried it today, still didn't work. wtf am i doing wrong

Comment

Did you check the heat shrink connector? Sometimes those can come loose... sounds like you have positive and negative down...

Maybe try posting some pictures and we can help better?

Comment

i will take n post up pics tomorrow, everything in the garage now

Comment

Did you put a fuse in the fuse holder ?

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur View Post
              Did you put a fuse in the fuse holder ?
              lol, am i suppose to? i guess that's what i am missing cuz i didn't put one in?
              Last edited by richardbb85; 06-24-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Another question on this one... How was the bilge pump hanging over the side? I'm still on the fence about how to make mine and just used a bubbler last year with a 5 gallon bucket for something quick. I got a container to use, but I'm not sure if I want to go through a scupper or over the side.

Did having the pump over the side cause a lot of drag? Did you use another tube for the outflow over the side?

Comment

I don't use bait that much. I'm with Surf. I am sticking with my bait bucket. Of course there are always the Malibu kayaks, with the built in bait well.

Comment

i tried the bait bucket towing behind and it slowed down the kayak SOOO much. then when trying to fish, the bucket would float around and at times, get caught under the hobie fins or rudder. then i tried the dip it in the water and keep it behind the seat, but i had to litterally dip it in every 5 minutes to keep the spot lively, let alone alive on hot summer days. PITA. livewell w/ fresh water for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X