Battery for FishFinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery for FishFinder

There have been a bunch of threads about FF's, but none specific to my problem.. that I found anyway. I have a hummingbird 385ci with an SD card on the way, so I plan to use it quite a bit with deep water fishing around the corner. I have a deep cycle agm battery now, but it weighs a TON. At least 20lbs. Is there anything I else I can get that is lighter but can also withstand frequent re-charging. I saw that Bass Pro had some but the lighter ones they are not deep cycle. I need something substantial enough to power a colored screen and run for at least a few hours before it needs a charge. Is that possible?
    -Jon
    Revo 13

I also have the 385ci and can run all weekend on a charge. I got the battery from cabelas for around $25 with charger. Probably weighs around 5lbs I think. I would suggest getting smart charger instead of cheap one that comes with battery.

Also I just put battery in small dry bag with wire that come out top of bag. On this I attached a two prong trailer plug. I have matching plug on my 385ci and matching on the charger. That way I never have to take battery out of bag. I have used this setup for over a year now.
    Keith Romanowski
    Red Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks, Ill have to check out Cabelas. I have a charger already. Not sure if it's a smart charger, I guess I'll learn a few things during the cabelas hunt.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Battery warehouse has a 12v 10amph batt. that will run that ff fine. it runs my color ff for a month but no gps

Comment

Here is a link to the type of battery I use. I've never had it die during a trip. Very light too.
          http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...y&merchID=4005

Comment

Just ordered one through cabela's. Thanks guys! I knew it couldn't be hard to figure out, but I was unsure about the amount of power.
            -Jon
            Revo 13

Comment

If you get more than 1, you can rig them in parallel to double/triple/... the life, depending on the expected length of your trip. That way you don't have to carry a heavy battery for short trips, but can still add some run time for longer trips.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
              X