– Benjamin Franklin

Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

http://www.milkcratesdirect.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
        Holy Sheet! There is a website for everything!!!

Thanks!
        Don Haller
        Chesapeake Beach, MD
        Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
        – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Biggrizzly View Post
          Holy Sheet! There is a website for everything!!!

Thanks!
          I have 3 or 4 extra milk crates that you can have if you live near the rockville, MD area.
          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
            I have 3 or 4 extra milk crates that you can have if you live near the rockville, MD area.
            Thanks - If I don't get one by next week I'll let you know. I meet some friends at J.J. Muldoons on Shady Grove Rd and the Pike, the second Tuesday of every month. Where are you in Rockville? I used to live off Shady Grove almost to the end where it meets with Piney Meeting House Rd. out near Travilla.
            Don Haller
            Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Biggrizzly View Post
              Thanks - If I don't get one by next week I'll let you know. I meet some friends at J.J. Muldoons on Shady Grove Rd and the Pike, the second Tuesday of every month. Where are you in Rockville? I used to live off Shady Grove almost to the end where it meets with Piney Meeting House Rd. out near Travilla.
              I live right around the corner. I live on Glen Mill road. If you go down shady grove turn left on 28 (darnestown rd) then turn right at the next signal (glen Mill Rd) I live there, but we can meet at falls grove to keep things. simple. How many crates do you need?
              The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

I would only need one but hold off because I might come up with one nearby. I know beggars can't be choosers but I'd also prefer a 19inch versus the 13 inch square ones. I have a pretty large storage well in behind my seat that will fit the larger crate easily. But as stated I'll use what I can get.
                Don Haller
                Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Reading this thread made me chuckle as I thought about what I went through in trying to legally procure a milk crate. I went went to several grocery stores and asked the manager to sell me one of the crates they have sitting in the back of the building out in the open (I didnt want to steal or "borrow" it). Almost all of them said no and most said they don't really own the crates, the suppliers who drop them off do. I finally found a Whole Food store manager who just gave me one and said it was left by a supplier who no longer is one of their vendors and the statute of limitations had expired on it. He also told me that The Container Store sells them as well.

I went to The Container store in Tyson's Corner, VA and bought a couple and found them to be very sturdy and of good quality. The standard size is 13" x 11" and is currently on sale for $7 (normally $10). They also sell a slightly bigger square one, and lastly a fairly large rectangular collapsible/folding one. I've provided links below if anyone's interested. I also have a Youtube video link of a guy who bought a folding crate from Walmart and tricked it out pretty well.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?s...true&Ntt=crate

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...6&N=&Ntt=crate

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...3&N=&Ntt=crate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L5c-Qe_DIo

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X