Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bag/box insert for center hatch on post 2009 tarpon 140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag/box insert for center hatch on post 2009 tarpon 140?

I'm trying to determine whether there is a bag or box made to fit inside the Tarpon 140's center hatch (the one with the latch handle, not the rubber one)?

If there isn't a commercially made insert does anyone have any tips as to what I could use to rig something up myself?

I do not know if it was posted on MKF or another forum, but someone posted a thread a while back that showed a flexible, plastic "garden" bucket being used for that purpose. Although it was placed in the front hatch of an Outback. They cut the top off to made it fit. It is flimzy enough take the shape of whatever hatch you put it in.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

the hatch on my tarpon was pretty big and i could get a few different types of boxes in there. i put non skid liner down with silicone to keep boxes from sliding around. hatch was bigger than the one on my hobie revo so i had to change the style of box for the revo

Comment

I have an OK Big Game and have a square hatch in between my legs. I took a plastic little basin thingy I got from Wal-mart and I use Heavy Duty Velcro to keep it from sliding in the hull. It works great! I am sure that you can find something that is close to the shape to stash stuff in or like Raven suggested and cut down a bucket. Quick and convenient way to keep your stuff from sliding all over.

Comment

"in between my legs. I took a plastic little basin thingy "

mytm, you need to get out more

Comment

There is a well placed period there Surfdog! LOL

Comment

sorry it was there and i had to do it

Comment

I am using 1 gallon water bottle with the top half cut off with duct tape on the bottom to reduce sliding and noise. I also cut a small hole in the side of bottle to allow me to tie it to one of the internal tie downs. You should be able to fit 3 of these across inside the kayak.
                WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Comment

the Outback is roomy enough that you can really junk it up if you aren't careful- I am into storage pockets and hanging lures with velcro instead of having them loose all over
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I just use a non skid mat on the bottom of the kayak to keep my stuff from moving around. It is one of those rubber place mat types of things.

Comment

I use a 5qt plastic tub from some chocolate chip cookies someone in my house bought (I don't eat sweets or dessert for some reason) to hold loose lures. It goes in my center hatch on the revo and I used a pool noodle with a piece of pvc to make a circle. Keeps things from sliding around and adds a little extra floatation. I keep it full of non staining bkds and jig heads in the summer. Chartreuse lures go in a side bag. It probably doesn't make a difference to the fish, but I like to think it does...
                      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

for things sliding around, i've divided my kayak into 1/3's with pool noodles. from the center hatch, anything i put in there is in reach, which is water proof plano boxes or those walmart tupperware with the o ring.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X