Jackson Big Tuna - Tuna Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Big Tuna - Tuna Tank

Since I was shooting a few photos of the new Kayak I thought I'd highlight one of the features of the BigTuna - The "Tuna Tank" as Jackson calls the hole designed in the floor of the Big Tuna Kayak is designed to serve a multitude of purposes.

Essentially it is a huge scupper hole with access directly to the water under the boat. It is filled with a vacuum formed plastic liner that can be removed and replaced to serve different functions. Firstly it was designed as a live well that can keep fish alive using the very water that boat sits in.

It can also be used as dry storage or as a cooler by using the optional cooler bag or even as a "Glass Bottom Boat" using a clear lexan insert that will be available from Jackson in the future. To use the area as a live well, the liner needs to be removed and multiple holes drilled to allow water to circulate through the liner as the boat moves through in the water. For now I purchased the optional cooler bag and will use it to keep drinks cold. If I lived in Florida or where the water was clear it might be cool to use the lexan plug.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Biggrizzly; 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM.
    Don Haller
    Chesapeake Beach, MD
    Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

The cooler looks like a nice place to store your catch and keep it out of the sun. Neat idea.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

thanks for the pics, that's actually a pretty cool idea
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X