moding a seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moding a seat

wanting to know if anyone has tried to put a raised seat on a yak? i have a drifter and i really like the very wide yak. but ive tried a couple different seats and they make my but numb after awile in them. even tried cusions. i know that i will lose some stability but the drifter is as stble as ive ever seen a yak.and it will probly only see ponds or pretty flat water as i have a manta ray that gets the nod for the rough stuff. was thinking of modifying one of the folding beach chairs, the ones that sit about 4 or 5 inches off the ground. what do you guys think?

I havent done it yet but I got a couple of ideas on how to do it. I want to put a temporary seat on my malibu for bass fishing and flat water. Looking at some removable cross bars with a pro angler stlye seat Ill update if I ever get to building it
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I asked Ryan at Easton Cycle about upgrading my PA seat to the new one. He said it wouldn't be a problem, just $2995.00 for the new seat. I will say that the seat I have now is like sitting in a lawn chair.

Comment

Here is a jackson kayak seat on a hobie, it's doable

I say the easiest solution, maybe not the cheapest, would be to look into either the Jackson Model Kayaks or the other Native models including the new slayer.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CB kayak 02; 10-13-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4761[/ATTACH]
          Here is a jackson kayak seat on a hobie, it's doable

I say the easiest solution, maybe not the cheapest, would be to look into either the Jackson Model Kayaks or the other Native models including the new slayer.
          That looks awesome, Matt. Who dunnit? Give me details. I have an Outback, and I need butt relief.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

A guy posted it on KBF, he is currently working and testing the mod.... he said he will post more details within the coming weeks. So I will be sure to follow and post more details here.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              A guy posted it on KBF, he is currently working and testing the mod.... he said he will post more details within the coming weeks. So I will be sure to follow and post more details here.
              I've been wondering what I can do with my outback as well. There are so many great seats out there but the ones on the Hobies are lacking. My leg goes numb after awhile. I want a La z boy out there!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

That is an awesome mod.
                Cliff Williams
                Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I am scheduled to receive my new Manta Ray next week. I still have the very comfortable seat from my previous Manta Ray. Once I have sufficiently tested the new kayak, I will probably get rid of the older (but otherwise in excellent shape) seat. It could be a real upgrade in comfort compared to some other stock seats. Send me a pmail if interested.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                  X