Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer

Found a dual Jet Ski trailer for $100 .......... new tires, hubs, lights, bearings, supports, decking, supports etc later .......... Finished ...... dual Kayak trailer ....... 2 pics are before I finished the carpet on the supports
    Attached Files

saw it in person, nice design. How did you get the idea of using the pvc as runners?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

nice!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
        saw it in person, nice design. How did you get the idea of using the pvc as runners?
        PA's have rounded channels and the PVC pipe seams to give better support with less stress on the bottom ......... I used the PVC for Winter storage of my first PA ......... then I saw it used on another trailer and knew that I wanted them for any trailer I would get. They have a screw in cap on the back so I can use them for Rod storage when transporting which frees up the space inside the truck cab.

Comment

Very nice work- if I didn't have a pickup I would be green with envy- and the price you paid is really reasonable for a galvanized trailer-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice job Rick. What diameter pipe is that?

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
              Nice job Rick. What diameter pipe is that?
              3 inch ......... wanted to use 4 " for more storage but the 3 " fit the tunnels better. You don't have to strap it too tight for it to be solid and not move.

Comment

sweet trailer! The PVC rod storage is a great idea.
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

found out that a 7 ft pole in a 10 ft tube is not a good idea ........ tough getting it back out when the front is capped.

I cut off the front cap and installed a coupler with a screw in cap on the front too ......... now I can transport 4-6 casting rods in each tube by putting them in from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      Very nice work- if I didn't have a pickup I would be green with envy- and the price you paid is really reasonable for a galvanized trailer-
                      ....... got a PU w/hitch extender too ........ the trailer is to transport mine and someone else's so we can save on gas and share company ........ and it was fun building ..... can't pass up a deal even though I didn't realize how expensive the parts are ............ it was still worth it .......... the tires are 8 " wide so they might be able to do a beach launch .......

Comment

Working...
                      X