Need some help rigging new HOW Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help rigging new HOW Kayak

Looking for some help with rigging a newly donated Hobie Outback. I'm looking to install a couple of rod holders and perhaps an anchor trolly. Maybe even a fish finder if I can get one. Does anyone have any of the above that they want to donate or add to the cause at a cheap cost to me. I'm paying out of pocket for whatever we install. I also have a Wilderness 14 that I BOUGHT and will be using for any outings. I'm thinking about doing this sometime NEXT weekend, perhaps Saturday sometime
    Feel free to contact me.
    Thanks guys,
    Tom
    Last edited by medicyaker; 10-25-2012, 05:51 PM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Try shooting Luther an email at YakAttack. I am sure he could work something out for you, since it is for HOW.
    Cliff Williams
    Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Will Do Thanks. Do you know how I can contact him. I'm gonna check out his web site and see if there is a contact there.
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Found this info in a previous thread. Good Luck, Luther is an awesome person to work with.

luther@yakattack.us
        Last edited by Cliff; 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM.
        Cliff Williams
        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Thanks, Got it
          Tom Brown
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Hello dear i was recently purchase a new Kayak with this spec two seats rodpod adjustable foot rests fishbag cooler one piece paddle three cannon mount rod holders two flush mount rod holders adn now i am saling this Kayak if any body want top purchase this the tell me here on very reasonable price...
            learning to surf ski

Comment

Tom, just my $.02 but the outback has 4 rod holders already and two are conveniently up front. I would think that keeping the deck as simple as possible would be easier for new kayakers. An Anchor trolley on the other hand could be helpful and I remember Bill posting about one he set up without drilling for his outback a log time ago, I'll see if I can find it.
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                Tom, just my $.02 but the outback has 4 rod holders already and two are conveniently up front. I would think that keeping the deck as simple as possible would be easier for new kayakers. An Anchor trolley on the other hand could be helpful and I remember Bill posting about one he set up without drilling for his outback a log time ago, I'll see if I can find it.
                I agree, keep everything as simple as possible. For the most part the person using it will be on a kayak/fishing for the 1st time so simplicity is best.

Comment

Hey Medic, I have two used flush mount rod holders. I had them installed on my old outback in the front rod holders. I pointed them outboard and used them for trolling for a few months. They are the bass pro brand. I upgraded to Scotty's when I got my new outback. I'll donate these to the cause if you want them. If so, let me know where's a good place to exchange them. I live in white marsh but I work near the airport and bass pro is close as well for me.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                  Alan

Comment

Thanks everyone but I agree with cb and everyone else. I'm gonna keep it simple for the folks using these kayaks . The Kayaks we have now all have rod holders and thats all that really matters. Even the 4 new bass pro Ascends all have rod holders in them. So does the hobie so I think we're gonna start with that. I'd love to be able to put all the toys, bells and whistles that we all have on our personal yaks but we're just getting started... Thanks for the input guys. I needed to be brought back to earth.
                    I think I would like to put anchors and anchor trolley on them through. Reddish could you please send me the info or the link to the drilless method if you can find it. Thanks yall
                    Last edited by medicyaker; 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM.
                    Tom Brown
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
                    X