Scotty Rocket Launcher Upgrade - Slip Disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotty Rocket Launcher Upgrade - Slip Disks

I recently purchased the Scotty slip disks (part 415 http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...iscs-Pair.html) from ACK and I am happy to report they are a definite upgrade to the rocket launcher. By using the slip disks it alows you to quickly push the rod holder down if it is in the way and fine tune the angle like a ram ball. The rocket launcher still has the advantage that it won't slip backwards toward the fish on a strike so it seems to be the best of both worlds with the disks.

For those of you that have them or were considering, check out the disks.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

I agree that the slip disks are a nice upgrade to the stock rocket launchers.

I was having a problem with the "bolt" loosening itself when I adjusted the angle of the holder, but that was easily fixed by adding a plastic washer.
    Attached Files
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Santa brought me two rocket launchers for Christmas. They are installed, but have not seen action. Seems like the diameter of the tube is allowing rods to have extra play when in use. Also, I have seen people sleeving the inside of the launcher with a smaller PVC tube (on youtube) to correct this. I would like to experiment with some trolling in the spring. Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

The wide diameter of the rocket launchers has not bee a problem for me, even with small rods.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

What a great idea. Seems much simpler than having to loosen...match the teeth then retighten. Gonna get me some of those...All scotty everything
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
          X