ATV - not another yak cart thread,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV - not another yak cart thread,...

i put tires on her so i can hide it when friends come over. do you guys do this too?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Southerly; 05-30-2013, 08:47 PM.

YES - another yak cart thread.
    Nice job. I just picked up a pair of 10" dia. with 5/8" hub pneumatic tires from Harbor Freight the other day. I've looked at dozens of diy kayak cart pictures and videos and have tried to take the things that I like about each into my own design. I like the quick release pins on your axle, I'd like to be able to pop the tires off and do a quick breakdown of the cart so that it can be stored in the front hatch. I also like your "inner axle liner", I haven't seen that before. It just goes to show that someone can always benefit from certain designs no matter how many posts/videos are made about them.
    BRETT
    Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Comment

The only problem with PVC is it seems to get brittle with age and tends to break easily- weld up an aluminum pipe cart using that same setup and it would last forever- I love my Hobie scupper cart- but it is $$$...and it only fits Hobies- non adjustable for Ocean Kayak scuppers or Wilderness systems...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X