Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigging ideas

Hello all,
    Well, the wife allowed me to pull the trigger on a yellow (papaya?) pro angler 14 and I just picked it up from backyard boats. I'm happier than a chubby kid at a candy store! Anyhow, since i've never fished this area before, i was looking for suggestions on how to rig the new boat for fishing the creek and surrounding areas. I have a fish finder from my old kayak that I will be transferring over. What else are necessities (or even nice to haves) for fishing these parts?

Thanks!
    Veni, Vidi, Vici pisci

Here is a link to some of my rigging options I've done.. Anchor trolley, pvc rod holders, and seat pouch.

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/p/d...ojects_22.html

Comment

Go to the YAKATTACK website and load up. Especially the gear tracks. They will allow you to change your configuration it will instantly

Comment

Will definitely be building the rocket launcher and doing the anchor trolley (Thanks Matt, nice site!).

Memory maker, I'm digging the gear track, that's a great idea.

Not having fished this area at all, are most people doing artificial lures or is a live well something worth investing in?
        Veni, Vidi, Vici pisci

Comment

If you can find peanut bunker and or corn cob mullet with your cast net, I would say a live well is a good investment- However, most on the forum don't have a dedicated live well as fresh, live bait can be difficult to come by in live-lining season- I have a really good one that is totally self-contained, but a bit pricey considered the number of times I have used it-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yeah, something is weird. About 5:30pm I loaded up snaggedline and started reading a post about yellow perch fishing at Havre De Grace. I read the post but the pictures wouldn't come up right. So I "Xed" out and logged back on and the yellow perch thread was totally gone. I can't find it anywhere. Weird
            ===============
            Next day: Dang, I was wondering where my post went. I posted it on the main forum in the thread about the site upgrade. And it ended up here. Sorry about that.
            Last edited by HJS; 01-28-2013, 08:13 AM.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Yeah ........ DocIrv posted something asking if I got the Capt America hat too and I posted that I was workin on it and that disappeared. Also there was a Donate button that was green that I was going to coment on and donate too and that is gone.

Comment

I have pretty much loaded my PA 14 up, so I am considering adding a second floor with a full bathroom and maybe a Jacuzzi.

PS. You will not be disappointed with the Hobie.
                Last edited by russ498; 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Russ,
                  I believe that my rigging budget may not be anywhere near the ballpark of yours...
                  Veni, Vidi, Vici pisci

Comment

Matt,
                    What size PVC pipe did you use on your rocket launcher?
                    Veni, Vidi, Vici pisci

Comment

Originally posted by sebby View Post
                      Matt,
                      What size PVC pipe did you use on your rocket launcher?
                      1 and 1/4

Comment

Working...
                      X