Fish Finder Install...Hobie Revo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Finder Install...Hobie Revo

Here are a few photos of my fish finder setup on my new revo 13.

I used the new Hobie Thru Hull Wiring Kit #86505621, comes with 2 outside end caps, 2 o-rings, 2 back end nuts, and several rubber fittings to fit different transducer wire styles. Runs about $12. I've used several wire seals but this is by far the best one. Its lowprofile, looks clean, and you can retract the wire if need be.

Ran the battery wire to the back hatch.

I'll post more once I get the transducer installed. I think I might just go with the duct seal method. I used it last year and it worked flawlessly.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

i was planning on applying dielectric grease also. im on my second elite 4. the pins got really corroded on my last unit, and one of them ended up snapping off. Luckily, i was able to return it for store credit and bought another one. I think I only used this unit a handful of times last year, and as you can see in the pics, that connector is already rusted and corroded.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

My biggest question is what is the "Up" pull handle for?
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Great job Grilled! I contemplated running the wire into the hull through that recessed area, but I use that spot for extra hardware, pliers, etc. I didn't want to get tangled up trying to get something out of there. The battery location is great. I did the same thing back in the fall. I used to have my battery up front, but when I got my replacement warranty hull, I moved it to the back and used the large gear bucket. Much better location. Most folks I know don't use that rear hatch.

Comment

Rob, that handle is to pull up the rudder, there is on on the opposite side to deploy the rudder. ask me how I know

Comment

Nice looking set up. I just bought the same one can't wait to install it.
            Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
            Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice job. I have been thinking of moving my battery to the rear storage on my PA, doing away with the extra battery box.

Comment

clean install!
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I bought a bunch of of rubber plug covers at the local car parts store and used one of the appropriate size to cover the open port of my Elite 5 DSI Gold- I also use dielectric grease on all connectors and all plugs to prevent corrosion- I wished I had used the Hobie electric wiring thru hull kit- but mine is very similar to yours- I used an in-water transducer install with the Mad Fog mini-liberator mounts and scotty universal electronics mount
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
                    i was planning on applying dielectric grease also. im on my second elite 4. the pins got really corroded on my last unit, and one of them ended up snapping off. Luckily, i was able to return it for store credit and bought another one. I think I only used this unit a handful of times last year, and as you can see in the pics, that connector is already rusted and corroded.
                    I use 100% silicon grease for all electrical connection. The 100% silicon grease is on the plumbing section at Lowes and Home Depot. It is about 5-7 dollars for a small container. So I get it from diver shop on-line at lower price for the portion. I fill the female side connector with the silicon grease completely. And cover the pins with the silicon grease. This works very well. The silicon grease is called O ring grease at dive shops. I use it to grease the seals on the water proof /underwater cameras. I also use it to lubricate any plastic or rubber stuff. The silicone grease does not contain petroleum solvent

joe
                    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 02-28-2013, 11:21 PM.
                    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

when I worked in the Navy Yard repairing hydraulic cylinders, we used plain old vaseline as lub on all "O" rings we installed in all hydraulics systems including those in nuclear powered submarines-dielectric grease is a specialty grease that does not interfere with conductivity and is designed to prevent corrosion common to two dissimilar metals running current-
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                        when I worked in the Navy Yard repairing hydraulic cylinders, we used plain old vaseline as lub on all "O" rings we installed in all hydraulics systems including those in nuclear powered submarines-dielectric grease is a specialty grease that does not interfere with conductivity and is designed to prevent corrosion common to two dissimilar metals running current-
                        You just need to be careful with vaseline. Since it is petroleum based, it will swell the o-rings on some materials. For example, the o-rings on Hobie hatches do not like vaseline.

Comment

Working...
                        X