Lure Prototype for smallmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure Prototype for smallmouth

Lures I constructed for some smallmouth bass fishing this year.

Thinking about making them in a few sizes

Inline spinner > lure ring > 3/0 weighted hook > soft swimbait
    Attached Files

interesting....let us know

Comment

nice lookin man
      sigpic

Comment

Nice! I'd eat them...
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I've made something similar for smallmouth, they are versatile...can switch over to any plastics or hooks. They haven't seen water yet. We might have someting here!

I can't take credit for the spinners....I had a guy make these for me on Ebay. I just told him what I wanted and let him choose the colors.
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Seems like this has been a thing for a while... just found this link on you tube:

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
              I've made something similar for smallmouth, they are versatile...can switch over to any plastics or hooks. They haven't seen water yet. We might have someting here!

I can't take credit for the spinners....I had a guy make these for me on Ebay. I just told him what I wanted and let him choose the colors.
              Nice, I like the double blades

Comment

Bet you will hammer the smallies with those! Theres a couple commercial versions on the market

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...3Bcat104400180

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...3Bcat104400180

Comment

That's funny, I saw the same video. I made these up with 1/4oz and 1/4 oz on 5/0 hoping to use them for spring stripers on the flats. I will use them with the smaller paddle tails like for have for bass also. The willow blade does not work very well.

"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

[QUOTE=archeryrob;54286]That's funny, I saw the same video. I made these up with 1/4oz and 1/4 oz on 5/0 hoping to use them for spring stripers on the flats. I will use them with the smaller paddle tails like for have for bass also. The willow blade does not work very well.

Amazing what a few youtube videos will inspire. Nice Job on yours! Good idea about using some gulp

Do you suggest a colorado blade?

Comment

No, it worked but I think I was happiest with the Indiana (middle) and French (Not pictured) as they ran better. The Colorado is slower and just makes more noise. I might try a could double blades on Colorado. Drop them down on the school and pulsate them like a jerk bait and see what happens.
                      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
                        Lures I constructed for some smallmouth bass fishing this year.

Thinking about making them in a few sizes

Inline spinner > lure ring > 3/0 weighted hook > soft swimbait
                        I picked up something similar at bps a few years back. Didn't work as well as I had hoped on WP or pickerel. I have had luck with the inline spinner swapped to single hook with a 4" grub. The one downside was some WICKED line twist.
                        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                        X