Anchor Line Float Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Line Float Setup

There was some expressed interest in a Anchor Line Float Setup so here it is. (Thanks for reminding me -Mustafa, for you bro)

Items needed: Anchor (mine is a bruce), rope (mine is 35'), 2 carbines and some type of tubing or hose (I used and overflow hose) to go between the noodle.

IMG_1773.jpg

1. Use Floating Noodle cut down to about 16"s

IMG_1778.jpg

2. Cut tubing or hose to length and insert into the center of the noodle.

3. Thread rope thru the center of the tubing with extra length to make two knots as shown. Thread the other end of the rope thru the bottom knot.

IMG_1777.jpg

4. Attach carbines to each of the knots.

5. Wind up the rope

IMG_1781.jpg IMG_1782.jpg

6. Use top carbine to attach to Kayak and second carbine to control the length of rope let out.

IMG_1785.jpg IMG_1786.jpg

I hope this helps everyone.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Thanks so much bro! Very detailed!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

i like that setup...where did you getthe bruce anchor? west marine? in texas the bruce anchor hold better then the folding and if the bruce anchor ever gets stuck 1 hard yank and the ziptie breaks and the anchor can now be free..i usually have a few zipties with me to retie back to the anchor for redeployment...the float makes it easy when hooked onto a big fsh and you get pulled on a sleigh ride you can get back to your spot without wasting time to pull up the anchor..a quick release f the anchor trolley and off you go.. feeesh ooonnn!
      Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
      Asian Anglerz
      TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

This is an awesome setup! I would like to use some of your ideas. I was wondering what type of anchor that was? Bruce anchor? and what is the inner tube inside the pool noodle? Thanks in advance.
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Slick setup. I like the way the excess rop stays tangle-free.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Paddle4fish and fish - I think the anchor is referred to as a "Bruce or Claw anchor". You should be able to get it from ACK or Westmarine. Mine came with my kayak. The inner tube inside the pool noodle is just an overflow hose from my garden hose reel excess that I cut off. You can use pvc or any small tubing that will fit in there. Go with something light though.

This is great for quick release when a fish is on, retrieve later and finding your spot you were at again.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Nice post; thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great setup! I will shamelessly copy your slick design. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'm glad it helped you out.

Originally posted by MChrisP1 View Post
                  Great setup! I will shamelessly copy your slick design. Thanks for sharing!

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

I've also used and recommend the bruce anchor (2.2lbs) got mine at West Marine for $10.
                    Jake
                    FeelFree Moken 12.5

Comment

I just finished installing a anchor trolly and was wondering how I could control the excess line. This is perfect! I'm definitely gonna try your design. Thanks!
                      2012 Hobie Revo 13

Comment

They have a few of those small claw anchors at the West Marine in Annapolis, Hillsmere Dr.

Comment

Working...
                        X