Geee....... Some sale......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geee....... Some sale......

I'm looking for a fishfinder and was excited to see that Cabela's has a big sale of Lowrance fish finder. Like one that was %549 on sale for $349.

---> http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?ca...580&WTz_l=Home

But, it seems that they just jacked up the proces $200, so they could mark it down $200. Or am I missing something???

For example, compare: http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...DSI-en-us.aspx

To: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/...3Bcat111362580

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

I looked at around just to see. Bass Pro has it Elite 5x DSI for 244.88
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
      I looked at around just to see. Bass Pro has it Elite 5x DSI for 244.88
      Thanks! I got there too late, they are sold out. It's amzing, though, that Cabela's says the Original price is: 549.00 and the Sale Price: $349.00....

Comment

You're looking at 2 different models. The one from Cabela's is the Elite 5(NO X) that has GPS&Chartpotting, the one from the Lowrance site is the 5X(NO GPS & CHARTPLOTTING)

This is the one you should be comparing to Cabela's model: http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...DSI-en-us.aspx So Cabela's has a better price than Lowrance on that same exact model.

And again the one for $244 at BPS is the 5X. Why they wouldn't just make a different model number is beyond me or maybe call the one with GPS the "+" or something is beyond me! LOL

MYT

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
          You're looking at 2 different models. The one from Cabela's is the Elite 5(NO X) that has GPS&Chartpotting, the one from the Lowrance site is the 5X(NO GPS & CHARTPLOTTING)

This is the one you should be comparing to Cabela's model: http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...DSI-en-us.aspx So Cabela's has a better price than Lowrance on that same exact model.

And again the one for $244 at BPS is the 5X. Why they wouldn't just make a different model number is beyond me or maybe call the one with GPS the "+" or something is beyond me! LOL

MYT

Are you sure these are not the same model?????? With Cabelas being $100 more??

http://www.basspro.com/Lowrance-Elit...duct/10209989/

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/...3Bcat111362580

Best Regards,
          Stan

Comment

No you're right... I mixed myself up. The first link you had in the original post just went to the Lowrance units they offer, and I went to the combo(NO X version)... my mistake. I should have paid more attention to the bottom 2 links! LOL The ones you just posted are definitely the same. That is a surprising price difference. I wonder if it's because they had so few left they just wanted to get rid of them?? That is a crazy price difference.

MYT

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
              No you're right... I mixed myself up. The first link you had in the original post just went to the Lowrance units they offer, and I went to the combo(NO X version)... my mistake. I should have paid more attention to the bottom 2 links! LOL The ones you just posted are definitely the same. That is a surprising price difference. I wonder if it's because they had so few left they just wanted to get rid of them?? That is a crazy price difference.

MYT
              MYT: Sorry my original mail was confusing. I also share your questions.

Best Regards,
              Stan

Comment

When I followed MYT, his thinking was right on. But then Stan refocused us. I think Cabelas maybe made a pricing error on the MSRP, which would lead you to think you're getting a good deal at $349. In fact, that is not a good deal. Or maybe BPS made a mistake at $244 because that's a great deal....unlikely though.

You may want to ask Cabelas if they'll meet BPS's price.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post

You may want to ask Cabelas if they'll meet BPS's price.
                  Good question!!

THis is what Cabelas said: "We are unable to match other companies prices on cabelas.com, by phone or mail. Our customer service far surpasses industry standards and our promise to stand behind our merchandise with Cabela's Legendary Guarantee has contributed to Cabela's being considered the World's Foremost Outfitter since 1961."

Best Regards,
                  Stan

Comment

Hmm...oh well....you tried. Maybe their customer service ought to check MSRPs if they are the "... foremost outfitter.." Anyway, I do like Cabelas, and I've ordered a lot of stuff from them.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Haddrell's Warehouse gave me the best price for the Lexa 300H reel- BPS and Cabela's wasn't even close- a $40 difference....the big box companies usually have a few cost leaders to get you in the door, but you have to really compare prices-
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Check out BOE Marine, a local company on Kent Island. They consistently have excellent prices on electronics (and on other items too -- for example, Scotty rod holders and accessories). I purchased a Lowrance HDS-5 from them last fall to put on my center console. They may not be able to beat a deep sale price from a big box store, but will be lower on a regular basis.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

John and ronaultmtd: I'll check into that!!

Comment

Working...
                          X