DIY kayak cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY kayak cart

After trying to lift/haul my kayak in the air, I decided I need to get a kayak cart.
    I found some cart laying around the house and figured I can use these set of wheels to build myself a DIY kayak cart.
    The problem is, I have no idea how to take the wheels out. If anyone can help me figure out how, it will be much appreciated! Pictures are attached.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    Hobie Revolution 13

Pop the retainer (rusted top hat looking piece on the end of the axle in the first pic) off with a big flat screwdriver/prybar or a pair of channel locks. Slide the axle w/the other wheel still attached out and put it in the new cart. Put the loose wheel back on and tap the retainer back onto the end of the axle with a hammer. Crimp the retainer body with a pair of pliers if it is loose when you tap it back on.

Comment

ditto on what nay-sayer says...if you damage the retainer taking it off the are readily available at the hardware store. Carry axle & damage retainer with you to ensure you get the proper size
      Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Why not just drill an hole threw the axle and put pin in just in case you have remove the wheel again.
        2012 hobie outback
        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Man, I am having the hardest time taking the end silver piece of the axle out. It does not budge even with a plier
          Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Take some snips and cut it off.Take vise grip to flang of the cap and keep working it back and forth.
            2012 hobie outback
            2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Will do.
              Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
              X