Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishfinder battery that fits ocean kayak pouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishfinder battery that fits ocean kayak pouch?

Any suggestions on a decent battery and charger that fits in the tridents battery pouch? I got a Humminbird 561 basic model and will soon exchange for the scupper hole transducer. http://www.humminbird.com/FAQ.aspx?ContentId=1766

Frugal waterproof box?

Much appreciated!

Justin

Well i'm no expert but I bought a battery and charger at Home Depot. I have a lithonia 12v 7ah battery that seems to work fine and fits in the bag. I went out Sat for 4 hours and it went from 12v to 10v so im not sure if thats a long time or not but it still ran so anyway I feel like the battery works fine. As for the charger I bought a black and decker trickle charger for about $20 it is supposed to shut off when charged I think but I play it safe and watch the clock.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I bought a 12v 6A battery off ebay. Look for price and free shipping as most of these are made in China and paying premium is not worth the trouble. I put it in an outdoor products dry box with a fuse and ran the wires through a hole in the side, sealed with Goop. It fits nicely in my OC Trident pouch and works great.

I swap my Humminbird fishfinder between the boat and the kayak ( I have two transponders) and have never had power issues yet. I use a Harbor Freight float charger to keep it charge and it works for me.

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I use a 8 AA holder from RadioShack using Sanyo Eneloop black edition rechargable batteries that gives 12volts, it has a 9volt style connector. Powers my Lowrance Elite4 DSI all day. Small and lightweight and I usually carry 2 just in case.

I connect it and place it in a small drybag inside the hatch next to the transducer.
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Read this thread:

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com...topic=10029.15

The blue battery is money.

Comment

Cabelas sells a battery/charger combination. The battery is 10AH. I used that combination on my Trident, when I had it. You can also get batteries and chargers at a local Battery Warehouse.

Comment

Working...
            X