Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IYO What is the best/most comfortable kayak seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
    Mine has the molded in seat, it is fixed and flips up. It's not bad but slips a lot, need to work on that this season.
    i forgot about that on the ride my red fish seat was a one piece and pretty nice. like tucked in said adj. the straps might help or get the tricked out swoosh seat

Comment

I'm not sure the STS Expedition better, but I have the STS GTS Elite ($150).

After hours on the stock seat that came with my OK Prowler Trident, my butt really hurt. The Elite seat is better, but I still get butt ache. I added a foam pad on the seat (pad is about 1" thick purchased from Walmart garden department). The seat is now even better.

I think the best seat is the fabric-on-aluminum-tube seat found on the PA and Native kayaks.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Not Skwoosh

After about 30hrs in this seat I can say that it is not worth it. The butt pad is really great. The pack is nice to have, put a license, VHF, first aid kit and some snacks in there. The back part is the issue. It's supportive, but the two rods that give it support jab into your lower back. Im going to see if I can integrate some foam into that part, but I think going with the STS seats would be a better plan if you can. Too bad they are so pricey. For 5 hrs or less this one is fine, but when summer comes and I'm not wearing all these clothes i know the bars are going to get on my nerves.
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X