Kayak scupper transducer mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak scupper transducer mount

I'm looking into adding a Lowrance fishfinder to my yak. I saw they also offer a scupper transducer mount. Does anyone have this? The Lowrance site doesn't have any dimensions, just a picture. What size scupper hole is it made for? What is the length of the unit? Are you satisfied with it?

Google.."scupper transducer"

Comment

I bought the Lowrance scupper transducer for my ride 135 and did not like the way it stuck out on the bottom of the kayak. I decide to go portable so I bought one of those platforms with the extension arm to deploy the transducer over the side.

Comment

Yeah...for a kayak,the humminbird thru hull/OceanKayak combo is a pretty nice setup

Comment

Originally posted by charlieru View Post
          I bought the Lowrance scupper transducer for my ride 135 and did not like the way it stuck out on the bottom of the kayak. I decide to go portable so I bought one of those platforms with the extension arm to deploy the transducer over the side.
          Did you get the ram mount transducer arm? Like it? Does it get in the way?

Comment

I have the Lowrance scupper mount xducer and it fits perfectly in the Jackson Cuda scupper holes. The attached photos show it mounted in My Jackson Big Tuna last year. The photos don't show it well, but it sits just deep enough inside the scupper that I can drag the yak across the beach without fear of it pulling the xducer loose. Its really going to depend on your specific boat and scupper design. So we know it fits the Jakson Cuda and Big Tuna and probably Coosa as well.

IMG_2655.jpgIMG_2656.jpgIMG_2657.jpgIMG_2658.jpgIMG_2659.jpg
            Don Haller
            Chesapeake Beach, MD
            Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
            – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the pics, that really helped

Comment

I have a scupper transducer in my Ride 135. I find that it works well...accurate water temp. Etc., and it fits fairly flush in the tunnel. I load my yak on top of a full size van, and with a little practice and patience I don't hit it on the rollers, and I have beached on stones and gone over oyster beds with out issue. Each mounting system has pros and cons. The in the hull ones take up storage space, and need to have a small amount of water in the plumbers putty nest to get clean echoes.
                The side mounted ones cause drag and tracking issues sometime, plus they can be in the way when landing a big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
                  I have a scupper transducer in my Ride 135. I find that it works well...accurate water temp. Etc., and it fits fairly flush in the tunnel. I load my yak on top of a full size van, and with a little practice and patience I don't hit it on the rollers, and I have beached on stones and gone over oyster beds with out issue. Each mounting system has pros and cons. The in the hull ones take up storage space, and need to have a small amount of water in the plumbers putty nest to get clean echoes.
                  The side mounted ones cause drag and tracking issues sometime, plus they can be in the way when landing a big fish.
                  You think you can post a picture of yours to see how it looks? What kind of FF do you have? I I have a lowrance X-4 Pro FF. I am still considering installing mine and a second opinion would be beneficial to me.

Comment

You think you can post a picture of yours to see how it looks? What kind of FF do you have? I I have a lowrance X-4 Pro FF. I am still considering installing mine and a second opinion would be beneficial to me.
                    Been on the water all day, I will try and post some photos tomorrow.

Comment

Been on the water all day, I will try and post some photos tomorrow.
                      Sounds good man, I'll appreciate it. Hope you had a good day on the H2O

Comment

Here you go, hope they attach ok.P5220030.jpgP5220032.jpgP5220033.jpg

Comment

Here you go, hope they attach ok.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7010[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks for the pictures dude. Is your transducer facing toward the back of the kayak?

Comment

Thanks for the pictures dude. Is your transducer facing toward the back of the kayak?
                            Yes

Comment

Working...
                            X