Broken track on Frontier 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken track on Frontier 12

So, I go out to work on the Scotty mounts for my Frontier 12 this morning. I made one backing plate. I then go to see where I am going to place it, realizing that the Ram Mount will interfere with anything that goes on the track if I place it where I want. Then I notice that one of my tracks is cracked and broken!

No idea how this happened. I have nothing but the two seats attached to the tracks. Now, I do not feel the least bit comfortable ever using a gear head mount on these tracks. I thought the tracks were made of metal, but they are plastic, coated with something shiny that gives them a somewhat metallic appearance.

I sent an email to Nucanoe with the photo. I am sure I will hear back from them soon. I had just written to them telling them how I really like the Frontier 12, but the placement of the "universal mounting docks" as they call them - the indentations where Scotty mounts can be placed aren't exactly placed where an average person could reach them. I was just giving feedback that I had hoped would be used for future designs.

There is some dirt in the kayak as I was moving about in it this morning trying out how I would be reaching whatever I placed in the mounts. Also, a groundhog has moved into my shed and has been leaving footprints in there as well. (Trying to get rid of groundhog!)

IMG_0195.jpg
    Attached Files
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Wow! Got a response already! On a Saturday no less. They're shipping me a replacement track. I didn't expect to hear back until next week.
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

Zeebyrd, how's the nucanoe been since replacing the track? Any more issues? I'm considering getting one and I too thought the tracks were metal. Plastic doesn't seem like it would stand up over time.

Thanks,
      -Mike
      Mike
      Feelfree Lure 11.5
      Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Mike,
        So far so good. I received two tracks when I told them that one broke. Not sure if that is a good sign. I may eventually replace them with metal tracks so that I can put gear holders in them. As it is now, I don't feel comfortable putting any extra pressure on the plastic tracks.

Regardless of this issue, I really like the Frontier. I am very happy with it.
        Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

Don't mess with the groundhog..

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
            Mike,
            So far so good. I received two tracks when I told them that one broke. Not sure if that is a good sign. I may eventually replace them with metal tracks so that I can put gear holders in them. As it is now, I don't feel comfortable putting any extra pressure on the plastic tracks.

Regardless of this issue, I really like the Frontier. I am very happy with it.
            Thanks for the reply! I have yet to demo the boat but in theory it is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks again,
            Mike
            Mike
            Feelfree Lure 11.5
            Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
            X