Kayak Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Seat

Does anyone have any experience with this kayak seat?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...:PADDLESPORTS-
    Hobie Revolution 13

Why not use this instead it is cheaper and should work fine. http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=12453844

I'm cheap I just use a folded up towel actually lol
    Last edited by M_Duong60; 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I would not want my butt to get soaked all day with a wet towel.
      Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Unless you plan on falling in or your yak can cut through swells but hey its your money lol.

Comment

I bought one of those "kneeling pads" that they sell at Home Depot for gardeners. I mainly use it to put between my kayaks when I haul two of them to prevent unnecessary rubbing of the two hulls. One day I decided to try it under the seat of my Hobie Revo, and guess what...it worked great. About an inch of padding and it doesn't absorb water. Cheap solution to two different issues...
          Bruce

Comment

I use one of those "stadium cushions" they sell at Dick's for $7. It also doesn't absorb water and it works perfectly. You can usually find it in the "coach's corner" section at the store.
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

My Manta Ray has a very comfortable seat to start with. But to enhance the cushioning, I place a black Skwoosh gel-filled pad on top of my kayak seat. It adds an hour or two to the butt fatigue time.

The Skwoosh seat is so comfortable that I use it on a wooden chair in my office when I am at the computer. On my last flight to Europe, I took the Skwoosh pad along and used it on my plane seat. It helped there too.

The dense foam pad shown by the original poster will increase comfort, but I believe a gel-filled pad will help even more.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Is this a solution to not getting your butt wet? I'm still new with kayaking and really hate how my butt get wet in my hobie outfitter.

Comment

Getting your butt wet might be inevitable, just need to get something that dries ASAP or has a higher ground so that your butt is lifted from the well of water
                  Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

My daughter has one of these and loves it. assume it could go under a kayak seat with a thinner seat cushion. She says, "I could sleep in my kayak..."
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Man you better invest in a skwoosh seat or pad. A little pricey, but oh so comfortable!!!

Comment

Man ! I love you guys/gals.... this is just the info I have been wanting to ask
                        and find out for a cushion...

My bottoms will thank you, while they do smile they don't talk much except
                        after Mama Mozetta's Bean Burrito night.

Comment

The same sort of seat cushions at Dick's can be found at Five Below for $4. They had red and black at the store near me. The red ones make for a good signalling device too.

Comment

Wow thanks for the tip I need to mosey on over there when I get the time.

Comment

Working...
                            X