Maps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps question

The Navionics Platinum is overkill and will not work on an Elite-5... But what is the difference between the Navionics Gold, Navionics HotMaps Premium, and Fishing Hot Spots Pro maps?
    Any preference for one over the other? I'm fishing the Bay and upstate NY on the Hudson Rive and Lake George (and surrounding lakes and ponds there).
    Thanks

Was also wondering this. I just picked up an Elite 5 DSI and was under the impression that the platinum chip would work. Maybe I'm wrong?
    Nick Merrill
    Wilderness Systems Ride 115

"My goal is to someday be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Go to navionics website, will describe each one and list compatibility .

Comment

I stand corrected. Thanks!
        Nick Merrill

Comment

I have the elite 5 DSI Gold- It comes with the Gold chip- I use it all the time-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Beings as your unit already came with the gold chip, I probably already know the answert to this question, but have you ever used it with just the baseline maps? Wondering whether upgrading to an aftermarket chip would be worth it or not.
            Nick Merrill

Comment

My unit is the basic unit and I wanted to know what the difference between the two Navionics products (without all the advertising spin; a simple side-by-side comparison) also compared to the Hotspots Pro maps.
              So for me... What am I better off buying for fishing the bay and also lakes in the east?

Comment

Answer- Gold chip installed and selected as default- so far, I am happy with outcome- never used the baseline unit without the Gold Chip-
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I got the Navionics Platinum card, and I can't say that it's that much of an upgrade from the maps that the HDS 7 came with. Now I haven't done any of the updates that the video tutorials tout as being a huge deal. I've had other boat related issues to deal with, so the new set up has been installed and used as is.
                  Wilderness Systems Pro Staff since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                  X