No announcement yet.

Thanks Palmetto Kayak Fishing - PVC Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first did mine, I don't think I pushed all the glued pieces into the tees far enough so that they bottomed out. When I was pulling it through some sand, both of the top tee's cracked and busted out in the front (shown in the picture) just enough so that the support rails would not be secure enough to hold the yak.

cart weak spot.jpg

I probably tried to pull it too far across sand with such small tires, but I did learn that if I would have had two extra tee's with me, I could have used it without glue just to get it back to my vehicle, so now I have a couple extra in my front hatch. When I replaced the broken parts, I tapped them with a rubber mallet to make sure they were all the way in.
    2013 WS Ride 135
    2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

When you glue PVC you need to push the pieces together while twisting to get them to seat all the way.
      You also need to keep them pressed together for 30 seconds while the glue sets.
      I use a light sand paper on the joints before glueing to help give it something to bite to.
      The wet glue will let them seat all the way when you press and twist them together. No need for a rubber mallot.

Not sure if that design calls for it but you can put some galvanized or aluminum tubing in your uprights and cross bars for more strength.

I used tubing on my scupper cart and its rock solid.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
      X