Kayak Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Dealers

I am looking to upgrade from my first fishing kayak, a sit in and very uncomfortable yak, to a sot. I think I have settled on the Jackson Coosa. The Coosa comes with all the features I am looking for and the reviews are excellent.

Anyone know of a good local dealer? (I live near Frederick MD) I have heard great things about Delaware Paddle Sports and actually have family that live in Rehoboth Beach. If possible I would like to look more local. Jackson's dealer search turns up Valley Mill Mall. The web site leaves a little to be desired and I cant reach anyone there over the phone. Doesnt give me good feeling when considering such a purchase.

Thought I would throw it out there...Any opinions on dealers or even the Coosa would be appreciated.

Matt

I recently bought a boat from Lancaster County Marine in Pa. They have a great selection. They were nice folks also! I don't know if they have Jackson. I do know they have Hurricane, Hobie, Old Town, and Necky.

They have a decent web site.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Valley mills is a metro dc jackson dealer. I bought my Cuda 14 from Delaware Paddlesports, great folks.
      Last edited by On the fly; 08-19-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

What kind of waters do you fish? The Coosa was built for river fishing, so fast flowing waters are where it excels. If you fish calmer waters like lakes or bays there are better kayaks to choose from.

paddleva.com sells Jackson Kayaks.
        Jake
        FeelFree Moken 12.5

Comment

Thanks for the input. Fly, how do you like your Cuda? I debated a long time between the Coosa and Cuda 12 but the Coosa seems like the better fit for my regular fishing grounds. I assume you do a lot of bay and tidal water fishing?

Comment

Another vote for Delaware Paddle Sports. I love my Jackson Cuda 14!

Comment

The coosa is designed more for a moving river. The 12 & 14 cuda are more for open flat water. The 14 is great for longer treks and a love the rudder on board. I have used it in resovoirs, bay, and associated rivers. You need to paddle them before you buy to see what works best for you. The 12 cuda was kinda designed for an all arounder but I wanted the extra weight capacity of the 14. Brian over at delaware paddle sports will meet you anytime no matter the reg store hours. I paddled the 12 & 14 cuda as well as the 12 cruise. Try them all! Maybe I will win the coosa at the CBKA sept tournament and have it all! If you want to talk more pm me your phone number if you have more questions on the cuda

Comment

Matt,
                Brian From Delaware Paddlesports here. "On the fly" gave me a heads up that I should chime in on this thread so here I am. Just a few things, we have a great consigment program if you are looking to sell your old boat. After your boat sells you will get 100% towards store credit. If you want the money you get 70%. So this is a great way to upgrade kayaks.
                We have demos for the Coosa, Cuda 12, Cuda 14, Cruise, and Native Slayer so feel free to demo. We do free demos for potential customers. My cell phone is 302-249-1695 so please feel free to call or text with other questions. Email is Brian@delawarepaddlesports.com

P.S. Also Matt we lowered our shipping rates and could ship you a Coosa for $69!
                Thanks Guys!!

Comment

Deleware has no sales tax, go visit your family and come home with a new yak.

Comment

+1 on the no sales tax!

Comment

Harry,
                      You are the man! Thanks on the no sales tax heads up.
                      Brian

Comment

Have to give the credit to capt c-hawk, I forgot about that too but definitely a plus.
                        Last edited by On the fly; 08-19-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Gotcha. Haha. Thanks to Capt C-Hawk. Also as a heads up the 2014 line will be coming out very soon. It sounds like all fishing boats will come with an additional Ram holder (I think it will be simililar to YakAttack Zooka Tube), a lower lumbar customizable back support for elite seat using a bean bag blow up apparatus. I can explain this better if you call me. And also their are some new colors for 2014.
                          We have some 2013 boats left but if we have to order a kayak it will most likely be a 2014. Jackson raised prices on 2014 models. $50 for Coosa and $100 on Cudas, Big Tunas

Hope this helps!
                          Brian

Comment

Again, really appreciate the tips. Brian, I will be referring back to this thread for your contact info here soon. Thanks. I would love to come down, try a few out and hopefully make a purchase. When will you be stocked with 2014s? The seat comfort is a big selling point for me with the Jackson kayaks. Any outings over 4-5hrs in my current boat can be become miserable and if the fish aren't biting it will send you back to the boat ramp. I love the internet but I would prefer a face to face purchase for something like this. Look forward to talking..

Comment

Matt,
                              Sounds good. We are about to do our preseason orders with Jackson so we will be fully stocked in late fall early winter with 2014 but they will start to show up in our shop as we run out of 2013 stock here in sept as well. Also anything a 2014 has as far as accessories go, we sell in the shop like the new lumbar back support. Finally, We can usually get any color if jackson has made in about 5-7 days.
                              Have a great night!
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X