Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lights.. red, green, white... another DIY hack :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NaviSafe lights are not cheap. I tend to put a priority on safety. I do fish at night quite often, as fishing into the evening is very productive. I must say that one should have a light on all the times at night, peddle or paddle. Like I said earlier, the 4 LED white lights are very bright. It is not enough to hope that someone will see you by the time you start waving a flashlight. People on boats have a lot of distractions. On a busy body of water you may be waving a flashlight quite often. I have been hit by a boat on the South River, in bright daylight, in a yellow kayak, while wearing a hunter orange hoodie and with a YakAttack flag on the kayak. You do not want to take a chance at night. This year, I have had to use the air horn twice, to make boats aware of my presence, during daylight. It is no joke. You will feel quite helpless when a powerboat is bearing down on you at high speed.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

+1 on the Navsafe ........not cheap but worth it ......... magnet is VERY powerful to mount and the light is VERY bright .......

Comment

I do fish until 2 or 3 in the morning sometimes. I'm considering the navisafe...maybe I'll ask for one Christmas. Wish I knew about them before I ordered the tektite. I thought the 4 led was bright. 16 must be pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X