Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest trolling motor ever

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TrollFishing...item2a30bbf3c2

Interesting idea here. I am tempted to see how it works but with my luck I would drop my DeWalt into the water and be out more money than an actual trolling motor.
    Mike

For the cost of my cordless drills I could buy two Minn Kota trolling motors to tinker with.

Comment

That may just solve the "problem" with no reverse for a Hobie mirage drive kayak... I just hate having to unleash the paddle... y'know.
      HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

just dont get that drill wet
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Or for not a whole lot more you can get an actual trolling motor http://www.allinonemarinesports.com/...iations=609087

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Especially if you use an expensive drill. Theres stuff like that all over youtube. Some people use weed wacker power heads to make a kind of portable outboard but in the end not really practical considering cost of regular trolling motors. I think even with a good 20v drill battery you probably only have 10 minutes or less of constant use with load.
            2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
              Or for not a whole lot more you can get an actual trolling motor http://www.allinonemarinesports.com/...iations=609087
              And by the way the 18lb thrust version only weighs 7lbs if I remember correctly

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

tumblr_mp9jzn4e851qasthro1_500.jpg
                Jake
                FeelFree Moken 12.5

Comment

Wonder what will give out first ....... the drill, the battery or your wrist from the constant torque on the drill and trying to keep it straight

Comment

Originally posted by toyomo View Post
                    Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Especially if you use an expensive drill. Theres stuff like that all over youtube. Some people use weed wacker power heads to make a kind of portable outboard but in the end not really practical considering cost of regular trolling motors. I think even with a good 20v drill battery you probably only have 10 minutes or less of constant use with load.
                    ive given that some thought in the past and thought it may actually work well, besides the smell and noise, but my thought was basically just to get back to the launch at the end of day
                    sigpic

Comment

It would definitely work and at least if it gets dunked its no big deal as long as its not running. Question is whether you have room on your kayak for a weed wacker lol.
                      2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X