5 Gallon Bucket Tie Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Gallon Bucket Tie Down

Since the tank well in my kayak isn't wide enough to fit a milk crate without some serious modifications, and since it already has a recessed area for a 5 gallon bucket, I figured I'd go with the 5 gallon bucket as my carry all container. The only problem I was having was figuring out a way to tie it down. I had no luck with bungee's and I didn't want to use zip tie's every time. I remembered seeing someone using turnbuckles somewhere on the web and decided to give it a shot. I had to add two padeyes, but that bucket is not going anywhere. I can lift the back 1/2 of the kayak by the handle on the bucket and there is no play at all. I just wanted to share this piece of rigging in case anyone thought it would be useful to them. I'm sure some adaptation of this would work with a milk crate also. I bought everything at Lowe's for under $10 not including extra padeyes and rivets.

IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    BRETT
    Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Interesting set up Ill have to keep that one in mind
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Looks good to me. What do you keep in the bucket, just planos?
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

that's a great idea
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
          Looks good to me. What do you keep in the bucket, just planos?
          Good Question. I've been keeping my plano boxes in the round hatch in front of my seat because they're easy to get in and out. I have also been keeping gear to a minimum, but if I feel the need for more rods in the future I figured I could mount a couple of single rod holders to it. I would also like to go out after dusk sometime and figure I can attach some sort of mount for a light. Maybe a live well if I get around to it. The scupper holes in my tank well are huge, I've seen where people have run their intake through them
          BRETT
          Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Comment

sounds like you got a good plan. I can see it working well with rod holders on the outside, and plano storage on the inside of the bucket
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
            X