Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about ready to hit the water again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
    Hi , I was one of the guys who sat behind you at the tournament raffle,I am glad you are back in business. I see you have an electric motor on your kayak . I was wondering who makes it and could it be mounted on any boat and what do they cost ? Thanks in advance .Rich
    Hey there,

My kayak is a "torque", made by Ocean Kayak. It is designed with the trolling motor integrated in the rear section of the hull. It can be removed (& replaced with a skeg plug) should I choose/need to paddle. It retails for $1999, but I got mine used from Easton Cycle & Sport for $1199 in their annual demo sale. There are many people who have successfully added trolling motor to their kayaks via DIY methods. There are also quite a few people who have purchased kits through manufacturers such as "BassYaks".
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

trolling motor

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
      Hey there,

My kayak is a "torque", made by Ocean Kayak. It is designed with the trolling motor integrated in the rear section of the hull. It can be removed (& replaced with a skeg plug) should I choose/need to paddle. It retails for $1999, but I got mine used from Easton Cycle & Sport for $1199 in their annual demo sale. There are many people who have successfully added trolling motor to their kayaks via DIY methods. There are also quite a few people who have purchased kits through manufacturers such as "BassYaks".
      Thanks ,you set me on the right track .I have a manta ray rich
      Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
      Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Comparing electrical stuff to unprotected sex, I love it! Glad you are ok, the Marine police came up to me out at the center span and asked if I had flipped as someone had called from a car on the bridge, he went off looking for you I guess!. That was a rough day for sure, but lot's of fun...............Jack

Comment

Working...
        X