I love my kayak but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitefly,

I have that cart too myes,mthemtires stink, even after it was and has always been kept outside. It's almost like being in a tire store. But, you get used to it.

I haven't found a way to load it on that cart after a long day either. I have used it a few times with great difficulty.

Like I say, ramps are great. Otherwise, it's a heavy haul.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. With those in mind I will see what I can do with my yak. Also with someone possibly interested in my yak, I am looking into a different yak. It's still just a possibility at this point. In the mean time, well, the rest of this week looks like rain and no work, I may just continue reading here and researching online. I have plenty of spare time.
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I broke my back not once, but twice. I have a back full of titanium souvenirs. I am not supposed to lift anything over twenty pounds. The single best thing you can do is cultivate friendships with able-bodied fishermen ( thanks DaddyG and BassMoore.) I also use a trailer now that is very low slung. I can float the yak on and off by myself with no problem. It does limit you somewhat as far as were you can launch, but I am okay with that since there are so many places that are trailer friendly.

Comment

Russ,

Good point. Snaggedline has allowed me to meet several kayak fisherman and we often help each other unload, load and portage our boats during our joint ventures. That's a great benefit of this forum.

That said, an important decision criteria for me before purchasing my Revo was its weight. I had experience tussling with an 80 plus pound Old Town Discovery 174 canoe and I knew I needed something much lighter that I could handle alone.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I would think this would work great, hjs. I have never made a kayak cart but I have a business in which I have to improvise regularly. I have made racks and similar items out of pvc using the same method u described just a minor difference. I used a lightweight aluminum tube inside the pvc instead of rebar. (Easy to set up, breakdown and transport)

Comment

What about a native ultimate 12? The propel version weighs 58 Lbs.
            PigPen - Mt Airy
            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I bought a Hurricane Skimmer 128 earlier this year. It weighs less than 50lbs. and I can hoist it onto my SUV roof rack with no problems, and I have a serious herniated disc issues. I've had it our half a dozen times or so. It's good , fast and light. Pretty stable. I've had no problems thus far. I also have a PaddleCart cast aluminum cart. It has big tires and is easy to pull.

BTW: I feel your pain for a too heavy yak. I had a Tarpon 120 and I hardly used it as it was too much a hassle to get it on top of the truck. The skimmer is a good 20 lbs lighter and it makes a big difference.
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
              X