New Fish Finder Battery Box Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fish Finder Battery Box Connection

Being new to kayak fishing, I realized early on that without a fish finder I was pretty much fishing blind in most scenarios. So a couple months back I decided to invest in a FF. After doing some searching on the web I decided on a Lowrance Mark 4 and I would install it myself using the duct putty transducer mount. When I went to mount the battery I decided to place it in sealed ammo box and strapped it down inside the hull. I ran the wires from the FF through a grommet sealed hole in the box to the battery. With this set up it meant I had to unstrap the box and put the battery in or out of the box after every trip. This also meant that my battery box was going to be a permanent fixture in my kayak. It just seemed to me that this set up took too much time to hook up and disconnect every time, so this is what I came up with.
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...n#.Um2GeXCsjDc

Old Set Up
    IMG_0102.jpg

New Set Up
    IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg

My new box is smaller and is held in place with heavy duty Velcro. I think my new set up will make getting on and off the water a little quicker.
    BRETT
    Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Nice and clean! Most of us with battery boxes will use a 12volt quick disconnecting means as you now well know...all our battery box mounting options seem to vary though. I have four strips of high density foam that I gooped under my seat. They pretty much cradle the battery box and I just plug in the connector. I did purchase another male battery connector and spliced it into my charging unit....this way I do not have to keep disconnecting my battery from the terminal leads and use alligator clips that was originally supplied with the charger. Just be sure to have the polarity correct if you do decide to modify the charger. Again, nice job.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

image.jpg
      My battery box is setup the same way. I gooped the inside of the rubber cover of the plug to help waterproof the plug so salt water doest corrode the connections
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
      X