DIY measuring trough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY measuring trough?

I've got some large diameter pvc laying around and I'm about to make my own measuring trough. I have a pretty good idea on how I'm going to do it, but I wanted to see if anybody wants to post up pics of their own creations.

I had a short post about it earlier this year...
    http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ne-this-before

If, after you try to flatten it out.. and you don't like the shape, just put it back in the oven and it will go back to it's
    original shape. I sort of shoved a 3inch'ish wide piece of wood inside the tube to open it up, and then placed another
    piece of wood on top with heavy bricks to hold the shape while it cools. It takes some wrestling with the PVC, and
    you may not get it the way you want the first time.

But it does get very pliable after heating it, and maintains it's shape after it cools.

I made mine because for some reason I thought I would need it... and couldn't wait to
    have one delivered.

Of course... it took a couple of months for me to "need" it...

Comment

Piece of PVC already ripped in half that I had lying around in a junk pile, one of those sticker rulers that you almost always get for free at tackle shows, and of course a little duct tape to cap the end. I probably have $0.22 invested in it.

P1020560.jpg
      Brian

Comment

I made one similar to Slobber Bob's. Instead of duct tape for the end, I found a plastic lid to a potato salad or cole slaw container that snapped onto the end of the PVC. It did not work as well as I had hoped, so I bit the bullet and bought a Hawg Trough.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X