West Marine Inflatable Lifevest & Lowrance GPS/Fishfinder on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Marine Inflatable Lifevest & Lowrance GPS/Fishfinder on sale

For anyone in the market, West Marine has a sale going on from November 28 through December 1

They have an Automatic/Manual Inflatable life vest that is normally $109.99 on sale for $69.99.

They also have a Lowrance HDS-5 Gen 2 GPS/Fishfinder that is normally $749.99 on sale for $499.99.

Ps. I do not work for West Marine or know anyone that does, I am just passing along information about some pretty good deals.

Thanks for the post. Auto inflatable vest= accidental discharge.

Comment

I have used one for two years without incident. If something happens and you aren't able to react, auto could be a lifesaver.

Originally posted by groundhog View Post

Comment

That is the best price I have seen for the HDS-5 Gen 2 unit. It has the Nautic Insight mapping built in and includes the 50/200 kHz transducer. I bought this exact unit last winter for my center console. I have been pleased with both the FF and GPS capability. I may get another one to put on the new Slayer Propel.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I splashed some water on mine and it blew up. Couldn't get replacement parts quickly so I switched over to manual.

Comment

I actually have the Bass Pro brand. The auto mechanism is very well shielded. It would be near impossible to set it off without submerging the lower part of the vest. I fish near the container ships at the Key Bridge and have taken many of their waves completely over the bow with no problems.

I splashed some water on mine and it blew up. Couldn't get replacement parts quickly so I switched over to manual.

Comment

Thats what she said

Comment

I am new to fish finders - for those in the know,

How does the HDS-5 Gen 2 compare with the Elite 5 HDI? Why choose one over the other?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X