Video of loading and unloading of PA14 from a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of loading and unloading of PA14 from a trailer

I found this video I thought was a great idea if you trailer your kayak. I have not seen this before so I thought I would share it. I apologize if it has already been posted.
    http://youtu.be/16V0zSMIHOc

LOL. I thought you were going to be unloading a PIPER PA 14 Family Cruiser from a trailer. Ach, memories from another life along time ago.

Neat idea using the Chinese build it yourself trailer. They are light and compact. ( Unlike your PA14 which appears to be pretty well fitted out)
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I don't get it ......... All he has to do is lift the front on the trailer and push from the back .......... Seems like a lot of work ....... Also ....... That PA in a great candidate for a crack .......... It was only supported to the center and he had a bit of weight on the back ......... It seemed to be flexing .....

Comment

I don't know about that. It seemed like a lot of work for what seemed or was perceived to be convenience. Some folks will go along way not to get there feet wet. It also seemed to tie the ramp up. On a busy day of boating, that many also not be popular.

I agree with Rick, there was a lot of pressure on that kayak at about mid point when being pulled up.

Comment

Thumbs up for overachieving, but I would love to see how many boaters were lined up behind him tapping their feet!
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
            Thumbs up for overachieving, but I would love to see how many boaters were lined up behind him tapping their feet!
            Probably only the young impatient ones.

I am 62 and have severe arthritis, I take some time to load and unload my boat and almost as long to load and unload my yak.

Loading and unloading go much faster when other boaters offer to lend a hand. Try it sometime.
            John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
            MK Endura Max 55 backup power
            Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

It's not a bad idea to build upon because of the weight of the PA's and possible physical limitations of some kayakers I think that this could be an option(With some redesign almost like a roll-back feature) I think loading the PA's can become easier.

Comment

[QUOTE=john from md;73886]Probably only the young impatient ones.

I am 62 and have severe arthritis, I take some time to load and unload my boat and almost as long to load and unload my yak.

Loading and unloading go much faster when other boaters offer to lend a hand. Try it sometime. [/QUOT

......... And they even nickname for ya even though they haven't met you .......

Comment

I like the ingenuity of the trailer, but it does seem to be a rather involved process.
                  I think he is the same buy that has this boat... it seems to launch a bit faster.

Comment

If you want to launch in an area with really high tidal range, try one of the railways systems (taken in southern Argentinian city of Comodoro Rivadavia).

Resize of Venez-Argentina 166.jpg Resize of Venez-Argentina 167.jpg
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Seems efficient.

LOL. I appreciate the video editing though.
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

why cant he just back the trailer further into the water so the pipes on the trailer are at water level (like a normal boat trailer) and then just pull it up with help from the water.
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

The unloading is pretty quick, but the loading is painful. He needs to get on/off that ramp a little quicker. Anyone perceived as screwing around or taking too long on the ramp can sometimes catch the anger of folks waiting in line. Unfortunately, some boaters have less tolerance of kayakers than regular boaters; so it becomes even more important for us get on/off the ramp quickly.

Comment

At first I thought I had merely wasted 7 minutes of my life watching this idiot and his idiot friend make the most ridiculous kayak launch recovery video ever. I then decided to watch some of his other videos........ Seriously, who mounts a rear view mirror on there kayak? I still cannot believe that this guy is serious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k_8I...RWXTUHVtzv0p0g
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                              why cant he just back the trailer further into the water so the pipes on the trailer are at water level (like a normal boat trailer) and then just pull it up with help from the water.
                              I was wondering that, too. I like the direction he's going but the engineering has some room for improvement. I was wondering about a "magic tilt" bed extender...
                              LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                              X