PA12 Rigging..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA12 Rigging..

Making final tweaks to the Pro Angler 12. Need to install one more thru hull fitting to hard wire in the GoPro.

Interstate Kayak Fishing

Decided to go with a battery bow w/ trolling motor plug for the battery which sits behind the seat. Used some STS foam to deaden the noise when storing rods and setting down tools on the center hatch. The gopro battery hard wire is called the "longshot" and allows me to hard wire the gopro to any 12v source. The green buckles keep the ram tubes from rotating when a fish is on. The ram tubes also fold down into the side wells so they are out of the way. the fish finder is the Elite 5 HDI (I wish I had just gone with the Elite-5 DSI because DSI is 100% better than any sonar IMHO). The coiled leash you see are rod leashes for when my rods are too long of I am eeling for striper.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Setup looks great, i was trying to figure out a good clean look for trolling rods, i was going to go with stainless U-bolts and scotty mounts on the rails. But i like how you can fold yours down. I keep my battery on the left side of the mirage drive inside the haul. I like where you mounted the gopro, i may steal that idea.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Everything looks great so far. I would be interested in the details of how you hardwired the GoPro and how it works out. I used a similar mount for the GoPro, except on the side mounting board and one on the side rail.

Comment

Oh man, I've been looking for something like the longshot forever. Good find. It aint cheap, but I've probably wasted more money than that trying to build one. doh.

Nice clean setup.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I found the Longshot. That looks great.

Comment

That's a nice looking Rig.
              Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
              Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice setup. I have the elite 5 and i am considering the DSI or the HDS. After seeing how Walleye Pete uses his and the way he explains its superiority over regular sonar and seeing it in action I kinda wanna go that route. Then again i know some people who have down scan and say they never use it. Good call on the Gopro hardwire i never even knew that existed.
                2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Looks nice! I like those buckles for the Tubes!

Comment

Looks good! Have you fished this setup yet? Just wondering your thoughts on the tube place being behind you instead of up on the boards. How many lines do you troll? I'm picking up my PA after the holidays and just getting excited about rigging ideas.
                    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I troll 2 rods when I troll. I like having the rods next to me and forward facing so I can watch the rod tips. Putting the holders on the boards makes you have to reach forward to grab them. Keeping the boards free helps when landing larger fish as well. The setup is complete minis the hard wire gopro. I'm working on a bigger rudder right now. I have already cut a larger rudder and done a fit test just need to fabricate a bracket.
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

External battery power is the way to go for action cameras. They'll run FOREVER. Nice work...
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

A larger rudder would be nice, the pa's dont like to steer at very slow speeds.. Lol
                          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                          -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Nice set up Pinch. That was a good idea with the rod tubes. I like the Hot shot Idea especially used with a camera that recycles the footage every 5 minutes. You wont miss any action.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
                              A larger rudder would be nice, the pa's dont like to steer at very slow speeds.. Lol
                              They don't steer at All compared to my revo with sailing rudder. Any heavy current or wind and you are doing circles.
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X