Humminbird 386ci combo with Ocean Kayak Trident 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humminbird 386ci combo with Ocean Kayak Trident 11

thinking about getting one of these FF's and taking advantage of the transducer swap out program with HBird for the scupper transducer for a clean fit. Anyone have any experience with this FF ?

http://store.humminbird.com/products/604309/386ci_Combo

I just picked one up for my ok Trident 13. When I sent an email to Humminbird they said an even swap for the compatible transducer. When I called to let them know I will be swapping they advised me they now charge an additional 60$ for the swap and that they send the through hull one now instead. They said I needed to send the email and I also included a bunch of forums where everyone says they had an even swap done for theirs. Ill let you know what the outcome is in about a week or so when hopefully I get my scupper transducer.

Comment

thx for the info. The main reason I would go Humminbird was for that free ducer scupper swap. 60bux would be a deal breaker, might be looking at Lowrance or Garmin now. Pls let me know the outcome, thx again.

Comment

Even thought I like Humminbird, you may want to go to the West Marine web site. Recently, I noticed the Lowrance Elite 5 Gold on sale at the store for $349.

Comment

Man that is some BS if they start charging for it! Humminbird and Ocean Kayak are under the same parent company and as such, Humminbird makes a transducer specifically made for OK yaks. I will be really disappointed if this is true. Also check this site out, I have never used them, but they have great prices. They have phone number you can call and Free shipping! http://www.xtremenavigation.com/Humm...o_p_23397.html

Comment

I received the new transducer no problem at all from hummingbird. Turn around was 5 days. Only cost me 8 bucks or so. The XTH 9 20 P is the serial number. Also came with a power cable PC 10.

Comment

So Zeno did you have to do anything special? What made them come off the $60?

Comment

I had to send Humminbird my correspondence with one of their CCR that I had which stated in an email no money would exchange hands, just to be safe I went on forums where people had done an even exchange and printed three or four of those too. I had also wrote a small note explaining which transducer I needed and that was it. They were great to work with.

Comment

Ahhh ok gotcha! I've done it one time befote and have been eyeing an upgrade and was gonna be upset if they changed up on their swap policy!

Comment

Working...
                  X