Non-skid floor pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-skid floor pads

This morning I ran across a prototype custom non-skid marine floor covering for a Native Slayer Propel Kayak. The manufacturer SeaDek is building this one for a Native Slayer Propel owner.

seadek.jpg seadek2.jpg

Once they check the fit, they will begin offering it as a retail product. They already have versions for various other kayak brands and models, including several Hobie and Jackson models. For those of you who want to add more sound dampening or to reduce slipperiness for standing, take a look at these designs. http://www.seadek.com/c-97-kayak-non-skid-pads.aspx

Just another way to pimp your ride.
    Last edited by J.A. Veil; 01-10-2014, 05:17 PM.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I've heard really great things about the sea-deck pre cut products. They don't have a kit for my boat. I ended up buying the sheets of skid pads from Austin Canoe Kayak. They don't look nearly as good as the sea-deck product. I hope you like them once they are installed.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I am not planning on ordering them for my boat since I am not likely to fish standing up. I know that many MKF members are interested in standing -- I posted this as an FYI.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

They're also used for dampening sound ........

Comment

Very nice! I've seen one for the Pro Angler, too. Like you, I don't really plan to stand and fish - that could always change - but I like the idea of noise dampening.
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I really like the idea of this product. I see they have a kit for my new Big Tuna, as wel. The price is $120. I wiuld like to talk to someone who has had this installed in their boat for a while before I buy however.
            Martin

2013 Jackson Kayak Big Tuna

Comment

I did it...I opened Pandoras box instead of making a new thread and being that "FNG"....

Lets talk SeaDek a little more. Anyone have a 2015 HPA14' yet? I find it hard to beleive that the option for the 2015 PA 14' isn't there yet but for the 2015 17'T, it is...They claim to have made a prototype for Captain Ross Gallagher of Intrepid Angler, the YouTube vid was posted 3 months ago. So c'mon already and get us our Dek!!
              Anyone have any theory's on why the 2014 model wouldn't fit? Here's a link, maybe I missed something in my cross referencing.
              http://www.seadek.com/p-441-hobie-mi...-kit-2013.aspx

https://youtu.be/vwg7ta4T_-s
              Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
              2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
              2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
              2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

I too have been looking at sea dek and ocean grip, but its alot of money to spend

Comment

Originally posted by mebe007 View Post
                  I too have been looking at sea dek and ocean grip, but its alot of money to spend
                  but for added sound dampening and slip resistence along with super comfy feels if you're bare footed(I am most of my life when adulting isn't required), that lowers the physical value a good chunk for me...they DO a really clean look too.
                  Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
                  2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
                  2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
                  2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Working...
                  X